+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Robert Best - Season 3

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Robert has been a favorite of mine from the beginning. Loved his comeback when Kaine suggested using all of the million sequins her bought for Miss USA's dress!

His designs have been tasteful. Apparently, the Barbie clothes my daughter's doll wore were designed by someone else
    He designed many high end collectable dolls in the past 10 years..Some were over the top (when appropriate) all were beautiful. Someone else designs the play line.

Mike

FORT Newbie

thanx miadora!

Just wanted to thank you for the great interview you posted. I think he's incredibly talented but for some reason I just don't think he's gonna win and its certainly not because I don't want him to. I don't am I crazy or does anyone else feel this way?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by downjj View Post
    Just wanted to thank you for the great interview you posted. I think he's incredibly talented but for some reason I just don't think he's gonna win and its certainly not because I don't want him to. I don't am I crazy or does anyone else feel this way?
    I hate to admit it(though i am rooting for him like crazy) I fear you are correct.. but if he does make it to the top 3, i would not be surprized due to his talent,, he needed to pull that talent out last week.. Even I was disappointed,..(Sorry Robert)

Mike

FORT Regular

Name The Dwarfs...Sleepy, Starved, Stoned..

Yeah, I was disapponted with his design last episode, too. But, the fact is that he has great designer/construction skills. I chaulk it up to everyone there is bound to have one or two "off days" on the runway. Santino, last season, had quite a few and so did nearly all the others have one occasionally (or more). Just like Dan V. said, "Well, I guess you can't be perfect all the time". That's especially true when you're under that kind of pressure, have stupid challenges, little money, time or sleep and the whole tv nation is watching you! I'm willng to cut 'em all some slack and pray they squeeze thru their bad days to come back strong on another.

FORT Newbie

Wall to Wall dress material

does anyone know where i can get the duvet cover and "jeweled wall hanging" that Robert used on his dress? My fiancee loved that dress and i want to try to have it made for a wedding present to her.

ok cooldress i have NO idea where you can find the materials -- but i have to ask.. do you have a brother?, a cousin? an uncle?? you can send my way .... that is anywhere near as thoughtful as you? LOL
    how sweet can you be to want to have that dress made for your fiancee as a wedding gift !!!
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by cooldress View Post
    does anyone know where i can get the duvet cover and "jeweled wall hanging" that Robert used on his dress? My fiancee loved that dress and i want to try to have it made for a wedding present to her.
    well maybe you could just get the dress made from regular materials?

Quote Originally Posted by cooldress View Post
    Welcome to FORT!

Why don't you write to Parson's and ask them where they got that? Perhaps they have some extra? Or you could show a designer/dressmaker that episode and ask if they have anything similar.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. How fortunate for both of you!

Cooldress, many of the furnishings on the show are from Ikea- I have recognized sofas, rugs, even their beds & matresses-all from Ikea. And most importantly, the duvet covers. Not sure about the wall hanging but you can check out their website.

I like Robert and I feel like he has a lot of talent... But I dont see it quite yet. I just keep waiting for him to BUST OUT with something huge and gorgeous, completely beautiful! I was SO disappointed with his jacie o suit... God, he could've done SO MUCH with that... ugh, I felt he could've done so much better! I really want to see what he can do!

+ Reply to Thread