+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stacey Estrella - Season 3

Stacey Estrella - Season 3

Birthday: 1966-01-09
    Hometown: San Francisco, CA
    Education: Stanford, Harvard

ďCuriosity, a desire to challenge myself and grow and to see what Iím made ofĒ is what inspired Stacey Estrella, 40, to head to the open call for Project Runway. She quickly adds, ďAnd to meet Tim Gunn!Ē

Currently a marketing executive at a high-tech company specializing in Corporate Identity and Communications (FoxT), Stacey is a California native now living in San Francisco. She has an impressive educational background holding a bachelorís degree in American Studies from Stanford and a masters in business from Harvard. In addition to 12 years experience in a high tech industry, Stacey has two years of design and pattern-making experience, which she feels give her a fighting chance on Project Runway.

Estrella is her motherís maiden name, which she began using at the age of 11 to honor her motherís role in her life. She loves traveling, Spain, the Spanish language, writing journals, reading, Flamenco dancing, and shoes. Life experience, music, literature and nature inspire her designs.

I have to admire that one of the reason she wanted to do this was to meet Tim Gunn. She doesn't seem to have much design background, though.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fan
    I bet you she's going to go no farther than Dirty Diana... just a hunch I have since she has no formal training, but a degree from an Ivy League college.

So her "best side" is the back of her right shoulder??

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    She is a cutie. She may do well, smart, some schooling, looks friendly.

She is cute, but I think she might be out of her league. Most of these contestants have backgrounds in the business, and so far any one who is even a little over their heads get nixed fairly early on in the game.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Only 2 years experience? I say she's out by the 1rst or 2nd episode

She's seems incredibly snotty. I hope she gets cut early... I'm smelling another Kirstin Ehrig (sp?).

That is so annoying... her company is in Palo Alto, NOT San Francisco. Palo Alto is at least an hour away (with no traffic) from San Francisco and I highly doubt she makes that commute everyday. I dislike when producers say someone lives in San Francisco just to make them seem more interesting, or legitmate or that they have the knowledge or experience with metro, or edgy styles. Ummm...and BTW, in California, Palo Alto is as conservative as you can get! This girl is a whole two counties away from SF! Hello?? She'll be out in 2 rounds unless she gets lucky.

Breathe. Okay sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    That is so annoying... her company is in Palo Alto, NOT San Francisco. Palo Alto is at least an hour away (with no traffic) from San Francisco and I highly doubt she makes that commute everyday. I dislike when producers say someone lives in San Francisco just to make them seem more interesting, or legitmate or that they have the knowledge or experience with metro, or edgy styles. Ummm...and BTW, in California, Palo Alto is as conservative as you can get! This girl is a whole two counties away from SF! Hello?? She'll be out in 2 rounds unless she gets lucky.

Breathe. Okay sorry.
    I live in the Bay Area and never thought of Palo Alto as that conservative. I know the Heritage Foundation is there, but otherwise, their choices for senate, etc, have been somewhat liberal (comparatively).

Anyhoo, she's my early fave along with the gal from Minnesota (my home state).

I agree that SF is the most liberal city on earth. That's what makes it so cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast