+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Alison Kelly - Season 3

This picture is just so absolutely precious, I had to share it with you all.

http://fourfour.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/alison_byeforever_1.jpg

(I don't want to store it on a photo site, and "hotlinking" is a big no-no from what I've been told, so you'll have to click the link to see it.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    I thought the paper dress was very interesting mix of shapes and textures and detailing. It was like one of those really fancy restaurant desserts made up of various artistically arranged elements. Adding color may or may not have helped. I certainly didn't feel it was the disparate mess that MK and company made it out to be on the runway.

According to Tim and Andy's Blogs, most of the designers, including Tim, where very impressed with the creativity and construction that went in to Alison's paper dress, and thought it might even win. The judges wheren't of that opinion, and seemed to have swayed much of the viewing audience with their vicious critique on it looking poofy and "FAT!" and thus auf'd. Oh no!

Alisons dress wasnt bad at all- i think its the hair that did her in and thats not fair... I mean the girl is bigger than the others in contrast so she is going to stand out and then- ugh the hair. I think if the models hair would have been down like in a wavy low pontail or maybe just down and wavy it would have been much better. And that sux cus yeah Alison was responsible for the overall look- I agree w/ that, but the should have focused more on the dress- which was MUCH BETTER THAN VINCENTS. And think about all the styuling mistakes vincent has made- A basket on the head?! anyway yeah- Id like to know exactly what they use to judge cus their priorites seem to shift alot.... and are never really defined...

For Alison fans- Interview from Boston.com

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles..._her_own_line/
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Runway victim View Post
    For Alison fans- Interview from Boston.com

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles..._her_own_line/
    I'm looking forward to seeing the line. IMHO, Boston hasn't had anyone as talented and as versatile since Fiandaca. This should be fun!

Interesting article. Thanks for posting that. She has a bit of a unique background. Reminds me, somehow, of the way Jessica Lange was restless and took off young, for other countries in search of creative expression. (Lange studied photography in Spain IIRC, and mime in Paris.) Too bad Allison didn't last longer on the show.

Again I wish the show would offer at least one longer time period for the designers to work on something, during their stay. Some of them have unique skills (I ain't talkin' fleurchons) and it would be nice to see how they might incorporate some of that into their designs, given the chance.

Too bad about that hair bow. I bet future PR designers keep a closer eye on the stylists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678