+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alison Kelly - Season 3

FORT Newbie
    I think she is a size 4-6, but many designers prefer their models to be 0's or 2's (often smaller than zero). Most of the models on the show are 0's or 2's, and they therefore can make clothes look great. What I find kind of freaky is the new 00 size that Banana Republic is posting. I'm thinking that if you are less than a size 0, that means it's time to gain weight, not to find smaller clothes. anyways, sorry for the tangeant. Do we actually have evidence of the first model looking so very crooked? I'd think a 3 inch difference would be something viewers would definitely pick up on...

FORT Fanatic
    There's a blind item on NY Daily News that hints that Alison was booted because Heidi hates her. I wonder why? Alison did say in her interview that Heidi turned on her.
    First Heidi blatantly rips off Elle McPhearson and now this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-374229c.html

Honestly to me she looked like at least a size 6 on the show. And there's a fair difference between a "2" and a "6"
    I too, am a 6, but I would never want to be a 2.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    Ah, turns out you can google her (Alexandra Donhoeffner), and her modeling page is:
    http://www.idmodels.com/alexandradonhoeffner/index.html

Could she really have gained that much weight?
    Thanks! Took a look at the portfolio, and I'm not sure what to think! She's certainly no 8 or 10, but I don't really see a 12-inch difference between her waist and hips, either. Her measurements as stated would translate to an hourglass figure, but that's not what I see, and I do think Alison was right in saying Alexandra does not have a defined waist.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    There's a blind item on NY Daily News that hints that Alison was booted because Heidi hates her. I wonder why? Alison did say in her interview that Heidi turned on her.
    First Heidi blatantly rips off Elle McPhearson and now this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/goss...p-374229c.html
    haha, crazy. How can you hate Alison???? I wouldn't doubt that the judges had something against her though, she did seem to get undeservedly low scores at times.

FORT Fogey
    There's a blind item on NY Daily News that hints that Alison was booted because Heidi hates her.
    The way she told her she was out did seem sort of abrupt. I can't believe that Alison didn't score better than Vincent in this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    haha, crazy. How can you hate Alison???? I wouldn't doubt that the judges had something against her though, she did seem to get undeservedly low scores at times.
    Oh, even without knowing anything about Alison, I can think of a couple reasons why someone like Heidi could dislike her. (pure speculation) We all know she's a really cute, really nice, sweet young blonde. I bet she was really popular with the crew in a way a lot of the other female designers haven't been, and I'm sure that didn't go down well. Any woman who's image and career is based on her looks and being the center of attention, isn't going to like any competing center of attention, especially a 10 year younger center. Maybe your husband drops by to watch taping, and makes an innocuous comment about the cute blonde, and you're already the type who is competitive with other women, add to that you're a little irritational and hormonal due to pregnancy, and you could resent the other woman, maybe a lot. Just theories folks, but it could happen.

Harmless and unoffensive ComputerSaysNo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
    I think she is a size 4-6, but many designers prefer their models to be 0's or 2's (often smaller than zero). Most of the models on the show are 0's or 2's, and they therefore can make clothes look great. What I find kind of freaky is the new 00 size that Banana Republic is posting. I'm thinking that if you are less than a size 0, that means it's time to gain weight, not to find smaller clothes. anyways, sorry for the tangeant. Do we actually have evidence of the first model looking so very crooked? I'd think a 3 inch difference would be something viewers would definitely pick up on...
    Well...the size 00 clothes are generally made for women that are more petite. I know quite a few women that are 5'3" (give or take an inch) or so with very small frames and quite thin. Even my thinnest friends that are very tall (and that does include a few models) are maybe size 4-6.

As for Alison, I think she came off in a very poor light in the EW interview. Yes, I think Vincent should have gone home, but at the same time I didn't think Alison was an exceptional designer. As I posted a few weeks ago, in about 5 years she could be great.

She just came off as very whiny in the interview, not gracious at all.

In some way this bolsters my theory that she's a little rich girl from Greenwich, CT or some other place like that. Someone commented on her accent earlier in the thread asking "Isn't she from Brooklyn?". She lives in Brooklyn and there are a lot of trust-fund baby "artist" and "designer" types there. I get the impression that Daddy was in finance and little Alison got whatever she wanted from Daddy.

Maybe I'm wrong. I've just met a lot of those types (hell, I am one to a certain degree but not as whiny) and she really strikes me as one.

I kind of agree with her that some of the models have more classic 'model bodies'. Then again, contestants have to work with what they're given - including specific models.

Next week's challenge is "design for a real woman". If Allison had lasted until then... would she have complained that her model is a barge, even then? As Tim warned her, "You have to design for the model you are given".

Btw, I thought the pink woven paper skirt she jettisoned was cute. Not sure why she shelved it.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Honestly to me she looked like at least a size 6 on the show. And there's a fair difference between a "2" and a "6"
    I too, am a 6, but I would never want to be a 2.

I'm also a 6. I've been a 2 before, & there is a SUBSTANTIAL difference between the two sizes.

If this model's proportions are truly 34-24-36 as stated above, than I have a hard time believing this model is a size 4. My hips are several inches smaller than that & I wear a 6.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast