+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Angela Keslar - Season 3

Angela Keslar - Season 3

Birthday: 1973-06-21
    Hometown: Amesville, OH
    Education: Carnegie Mellon University, Penn State University

A Pennsylvania native, Angela Keslar, 33, conducted her first two years of liberal arts education at Carnegie Mellon University’s Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania campus and Centre de Tours campus in France. She completed her education at Penn State University, graduating with a degree in Integrative Arts, with an emphasis on Costume Design.

Angela has designed and manufactured her own line of clothing since 1999. She is inspired by the design work of John Galliano, Alber Elbaz and Pheobe Philo, but credits her brother &emdash; and the possibility of working with Tim Gunn &emdash; as the primary motivators in her decision to try out for Project Runway. She enjoys yoga, gourmet cooking, anything Elvis, snorkeling, visiting the elderly, working with children, high bush hiking and caving in southern Belize. She also loves flower and vegetable gardening, mushroom hunting, solitude, laughing, and any activities that extend her limits and annihilate her preconceived notions of possibility.

Angela currently lives on an organic farm in southeastern Ohio with her husband and scores of other wildlife. A glimpse into their self-sufficient lifestyle would show them gardening and preserving their harvest, chopping wood to heat their home, and living entirely off-the-grid with a sophisticated system of solar technology. Angela handcrafts each product in her solar-powered studio to reflect the quality of her work and lifestyle, which is unique, vibrant, visionary.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok..I think I'm missing something here.. I saw it on another profile and didn't understand it there either. What's this &emdash??

I like this girl.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey
    Now &emdash in 3 bio's. odd. Someone will come along and explain.

I think &emdash is a typo and was actually ment to insert an em dash (the long dashes used to offset phrases within sentences). That would change the above passage to:

"... but credits her brother--and the possibility of working with Tim Gunn--as the primary motivators in her decision to try out for Project Runway."

Of course, I could be wrong and am as out-of-the-loop as everyone else!

I like her, too.

She enjoys yoga, gourmet cooking, anything Elvis, snorkeling, visiting the elderly, working with children, high bush hiking and caving in southern Belize. She also loves flower and vegetable gardening, mushroom hunting, solitude, laughing
    That's a wide range of interests, lol. She sounds like fun. I can't wait. Does she have a portfolio on the Internet somewhere?
    2003-2008.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    She seems promising! I'm putting my bets on her.
    beauty is only skin deep.

So does that mean she is only going to use organic materials to create her fashion pieces?

FORT Regular

Organic Rose Petals? Make Nina Happy, For Once!

If PR3 does another one of those flotsam & jetsom "Garden-Party" challenges...my bet's on this tree-hugger for the win!

People who are compassionate to the environment, are often tender-hearted and kind in general. You've just got to know this group of designers is going to have at least one or two Zulema/Shetangi types tucked in there. I'm really hoping Angela doesn't get chewed-up and regurgitated by one of those psychotic spit-fires!
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 07-04-2006 at 06:51 PM.

FORT Regular
    She's either going to be really interesting or a complete trainwreck, I predict. The Super Organic thing reminds me a bit of I'm For Your Colon! Andrea from Top Chef. If she makes interesting clothes with that background instead of pontificating about the evils of fur, leather, and anything that isn't hemp, I could like her.

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat View Post
    I think &emdash is a typo and was actually ment to insert an em dash (the long dashes used to offset phrases within sentences). That would change the above passage to:

"... but credits her brother--and the possibility of working with Tim Gunn--as the primary motivators in her decision to try out for Project Runway."

Of course, I could be wrong and am as out-of-the-loop as everyone else!

I like her, too.
    I agree that it is a coding error.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast