+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mall Aesthetic Triumphs As Dao Wins 'Runway'

I wonder if producers tied their hands. They went against Tim Gunn's advice on that 13th design (in the Finale). He said it was unfair to the contestants. They said we need drama for ratings.

I tend to think the producers wanted certain types at the end and that mattered more than the output. After all, Nick was great and the audience hated when he was Aufed. I wonder if producers thought, well they're all talented, so let's pick a type.

This article does Chloe a disservice, though. The more times I see her collection down the Finale runway, the more I like it. It is the only one of the three which looked couture to me. Also a good choice in music, I thought. Santino using his own seemed amateurish and egotistical.

He wore a Jean Michel Basquiat T shirt at the end. (On the next to last show, I think.) Basquiat also created his own music as well as painted, but, I think Santino is not Basquiat.

wow.... that person who wrote that article seemed a bit..... snarky.

Geeze, am I the only person who actually liked Chloe's collection out of ALL of them the first time I saw them on screen? Granted, I would really like the first dress if it a- didnt have those funky sleeves, abd b- the model didnt trot like a lame horse down the runway

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post

Geeze, am I the only person who actually liked Chloe's collection out of ALL of them the first time I saw them on screen? Granted, I would really like the first dress if it a- didnt have those funky sleeves, abd b- the model didnt trot like a lame horse down the runway
    When I looked online before the finale, I liked Santino's best of the final 3--then Chloe's and Daniel's. When I saw them on the runway in motion, I liked Chloe's best, then Santino's , and then Daniel's. Even Chloe's first dress didn't look as bad on the runway, IMO!

Frankly, I was shocked that I liked Chloe's best on the runway, but it just moved very well and the setting seemed to work for the clothes.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post

No you're not - I thought Chloe's complete collection was the best. Santino had some good moments with his collection, but overall it wasn't that impressive. And Daniel V. just disappointed me. All season I was pulling for him, but then he let me down with that last show. Daniel V. has a lot of time to become a world-class fashion designer - Chloe doesn't, she's getting older. And that invite from Michael Kors pretty much sealed the deal that he will work SOMEWHERE. So, the right person won, based on the final collection.
    That blue dress that Chloe designed for Grace was killer!

That's definitely one of the most biased things I've ever read in my life. This was actually published somewhere? It seems like it belongs in the rant section of somebody's personal blog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12