+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/1 Project Runway Recap: Mow Me, Rake Me, Trim My Blades

I could be wrong, but I think the song sampled above is actually from the Bloodhound Gang. I can't see Ricky Nelson singing those words, but I can see Santino screaming them (in his Tim Gunn tone) as he tosses Nick, Andrae and Daniel off the building.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the song sampled above is actually from the Bloodhound Gang. I can't see Ricky Nelson singing those words, but I can see Santino screaming them (in his Tim Gunn tone) as he tosses Nick, Andrae and Daniel off the building.
    I'm not even sure where to start with this one, but here goes.

The song "Garden Party" is indeed by Ricky Nelson and refers to a concert he once gave at Madison Square Garden. This is the song that was briefly quoted at the beginning of this episode review and that Snowflake Girl asked about in the post I was replying to. The only real application this has to the PR2 episode is the title of the song.

I am not at all sure what you are talking about when you say "the song sampled above". I looked at the link you provided and it doesn't have any lyrics even remotely close to the ones in the Ricky Nelson song.

I think we must be talking about two completely different things here.

AKat

For those confused as to my LOVELY song selections in my recap, "Garden Party", is by Ricky Nelson, 1972. The roof one is "Fire Water Burn" by the Bloodhound Gang, 1985.

See? That's some variety right there!
    Last edited by suncat7; 02-03-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Thanks for the GREAT recap!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    . "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the mother****** burn!!!" FINE, you don't like my song selections?

(MY biggest fear is...clowns. Or dating a gay clown. Like say, John Wayne Gacy. But he was a serial killer, so that's a whole other fear right there.)
    Suncat7 - I loved your song selection!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Akat, I think we both missed each other's songs in the recap. Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, yes, I know my title is awful this week! But look, these are all of the ones that went through my mind...
    The title is even funnier if you can imagine Santino saying it in his imitation Tim Gunn voice. I must be going insane, I'm hearing everything in that voice now.
    Last edited by muggle; 02-03-2006 at 03:56 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Thanks for the help, Akat and everybody.
    For those confused as to my LOVELY song selections in my recap, "Garden Party", is by Ricky Nelson, 1972. The roof one is "Fire Water Burn" by the Bloodhound Gang, 1985.

See? That's some variety right there!
    That's what I love about you, Sunny, only you could patch together such disparate references in one recap and make them both work.

I loves me some Bloodhound Gang, but I must admit I'm not too familiar with Ricky Nelson. I did ask my mom if she'd ever heard of a "Garden Party" song though, and she was able to sing it right on the spot!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Yes, yes, I know my title is awful this week! But look, these are all of the ones that went through my mind...
    *Tim Gunn is HOTTTT

FINE, you don't like my song selections? Well, you can see why I'm not recapping American Idol.

Tim Gunn goes knocking on the door of 35D. I wish he would come knocking on MY door.....and that he was straight..

Santino wants the immunity so he can do something really offensive for the next challenge and not be penalized for it. You know, now that I think about it, Santino could be the spokesperson for that 666 Cold Medicine, couldn't he?

(MY biggest fear is...clowns. Or dating a gay clown. Like say, John Wayne Gacy.

*Vulgar man who WISHES he were Tim Gunn*
    Fantastic, sunny
    I complete hoot.
    I know exactly what to look out for when I see the show

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    "Well I went to a garden party, to reminisce with my old friends..." What? You don't want me to sing..AND you don't know the song?

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we don't need no water let the mother****** burn!!!" FINE, you don't like my song selections? Well, you can see why I'm not recapping American Idol.

They don't have any homicidal tendencies (at least Santino's not showing his) and no one goes over the edge. *sigh*

They just greet him with "oh it's Tim" because they do not respect the Gunn, and must die! Umm, kidding. Sort of.

MY biggest fear is...clowns. Or dating a gay clown. Like say, John Wayne Gacy.

James (who knew HE could talk?)

*Vulgar man who WISHES he were Tim Gunn*

I made MY design out of catnip, and call it "Project Contact-high!"
    Ah, Sunny . . . you rock my face off. Magnificent recap . . . I loved your inclusion of the screen-caps and 666 cold medicine.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Ahhh...between resurrecting my teen fave, Ricky Nelson (the perfect comeback revenge song - probably his most popular) and pointing out that TIM GUNN is HOTTT - I love your recap. And for including the pics of the designs and the happenings and TIM GUNN, I salute your ingenuity.

This was the only recap where reading was actually better than watching the show!

Good Job!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12