+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Linguistics is fun, but let's get back on topic, shall we?

I love Tim Gunn. He's sort of severe and fastidious, but that's part of his charm. He strikes me as the stern Daddy of Project Runway, while Heidi is the flighty mom.

I don't think I'd like to see him on the judging panel, however. I like that he's a part of their process, and prefer his influence to be during the garment's creation. He's the perfect guide for them through the design and execution circles of hell.

Also, not that this would be the case with Tim, but ANTM has me traumatized in the sense that people I love during the show as mentors often turn out to be poor judges (e.g. Nole Marin, Miss J.). I like keeping creation and judgement separate.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I agree Tim is a wonderful teacher. He's truly found his calling. I still think he'd be great at developing a show though... or maybe I just think he oughta do something with his famous phrase "Make it work". LOL Even if he's not suited for being at the helm.

I didn't watch ANTM that often, but I agree that the guest judges on PR are often bad judges... Other than when it's directly for a client, as that's how it'd be in real life too. Still, I thought what Nancy O'Dell picked last year was bleh. But every time I've seen her since she's in some brightly colored halter dress, so....

Well there's no eye-roll emoticon so let's try this just for funsies!

Oh no, I didn't mean that I didn't think Tim would be great at the helm of his own show--in fact I do, and I love the idea of "Make It Work." I hope Bravo picks it up!

I'm saying that I wouldn't really want Tim on the PR panel, simply because I'm leery in general of show mentors also being judges. Seems like a...I don't know, conflict of interest?

The examples I mentioned from ANTM were not guest judges like Nancy O'Hellish-Taste-in-Clothing (although she truly sucked). Nole and Miss J. especially were mentors/guides like Tim Gunn, who guided/helped mold the show participants, and I loved them in that capacity. It seemed, though the second they became panel regulars, something went pear-shaped. Again, maybe Tim Gunn could be the exception, but I like him strictly in the design room.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

nothing but...
    Can I just say, I love Tim Gunn. He makes me laugh, and I am not sure really why. I absolutely love his Podcast, they give so much insight. I think it is his voice that cracks me up. It is so stern and serious, even when it isn't necessary. And it is so powerful. I have gotten to the point to when I talk to people who I know that watch PR, I try to talk like Tim. It just crack me up. He's great! To an extent his quick whit and humor make the show, (i.e. the I am not going to debate that moment with Guadalupe, where you know he basically meant, it SUCKS). Anyway, my thoughts for now.

SnowflakeGirl - Actually I wrote that post pretty confusingly - it wasn't what I meant either - or at least, hadn't meant that I thought you'd thought it. I think?

hehee No but seriously what I meant was that once I got to thinking about it, I was afraid that Tim might be one who, once given the spotlight or helm, might kind of freeze... he might be more comfortable as a mentor or teacher or commentator... But I'm not sure why I think that & I could totally be wrong. Wouldn't it be hilarious to see Tim cutting loose? Totally playing against type?

Then again he could just do a whole show where he mentors designers, but I guess that's basically PR!

I agree with you he shouldn't be a judge and teacher both on PR. Total conflict of interest, although he'd do his best to be fair. The judges they have, I think are pretty balanced. I hope the show doesn't ever have another Nancy O'Hell though. Surely they can attract higher-caliber 'celebs' with the show's current success.

I love this man.... he's a snappy dresser, articulate, and has the snark appeal all us FORTers love! And behold: my avatar!
    Attached Images Attached Images

nothing but...
    I cannot live without my weekly Tim Gunn Podcast, it is great.

Tim is fantastic!

I enjoy the hell out of him on this show!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I loved Tim's comment to Kara that there is a fine line between funny and wit in fashion and that not many people could pull off the latter. I'd love to see some examples he thought were witty. I'm picturing Diane Arbus as a fashion designer now!

Kara's design looked like someone in a Donna Karan cocktail dress walked through a crime scene on her way home and got stuck to the tape.

nothing but...
    Tim kind of angered me this week, I do have to say though. There was no need for him to verbally bash Rachael to the contestants. I am pretty sure we are all aware of how bad Rachael had looked in the past and her flaws, but it wasn't necessary for him to make it so obvious. But I still think he is awesome, and I could listen to Santina do impressions of him all day long.

+ Reply to Thread