+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Re: Tim Gunn

If Tim hadn't already used his "save" this season, I bet he would have saved Kate at the end of last night's show.

He should have kept it. I thought she was a stronger designer than he.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While she has had some good designs, I think Kate was more of a gimmick than a real contestant. While something similar has happened (Daniel Franco, seasons one AND two) it probably would have seemed like the "fix" was in if Kate had gone on to win the whole thing.

If you are interested in what Tim had to say about using the save for Justin, you can read it here: Tim Gunn Dishes on Last Night's 'Project Runway' Surprise Ending, Who's Toxic in the Workroom - Yahoo TV
    Kip likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    While she has had some good designs, I think Kate was more of a gimmick than a real contestant. While something similar has happened (Daniel Franco, seasons one AND two) it probably would have seemed like the "fix" was in if Kate had gone on to win the whole thing.

That's pretty much how I felt. I was annoyed that they brought her back and would have been more annoyed if she had won. All-Stars, yes. Regular show, no. She had her season, now let a new batch of designers have their chance.
    Kip likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

If you are interested in what Tim had to say about using the save for Justin, you can read it here: Tim Gunn Dishes on Last Night's 'Project Runway' Surprise Ending, Who's Toxic in the Workroom - Yahoo TV
    Thank you for that link...very interesting. At the time of Justin's elimination, I thought Tim should have kept his save for later. Even though I disagreed with the judges decision (Ken should have gone), up to that point, I thought Justin's designs had just been okay, and I figured the judges would send home someone really talented later. In retrospect, I think Tim made the right decision and respect his reasons for doing so. (I just that man.)

Edited to add: I think Kate is a stronger designer than Justin, but I didn't like her coming back. That's not on her though.
    Last edited by Kip; 09-29-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Woooooohoooooooo!

Well, at least LIFETIME is listening to the TIM GUNN fans!

Tim Gunn Nabs His Own Fashion Competition Series On Lifetime | Variety
    Allie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Wow...it's debuting in January? That means they've already been filming.

To me, this sends a message that PR is on its way out. I wouldn't be devastated if it were true, the show's had a nice long run and it's kind of stagnating now. Hopefully they'll throw a lot of support behind Tim's show so that it has a fighting chance.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yay! I can't wait to see Tim's show.

And if Project Runway is about to be auf'd, good riddance. It lost it's momentum long ago for me. When the focus became the drama instead of the fashions, I started losing interest.

I hope Tim's show doesn't overdo it with the unconventional challenges and I'd like to see them incorporate some aspects from Fashion Star, where the designers have to create their designs on a budget that will bring in a profit when the fashions are sold. I like having a realistic aspect to the fashion competition shows.
    Florimel and Babbred like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I too have felt that "PR" may be on its way out, beginning when they tried Project Accessory. I wasn't surprised that didn't get renewed - as the winner's designs a kindergartener can make IMHO (and I'm a jewelrymaker who doesn't have all the equipment these guys had and *I* could've done better than him), but it did give me an inkling there were potential issues.

I'll support Tim's endeavors, and maybe it'll either wake up Heidi to realizing she needs to really judge fashion for what it is and not what she personally likes, or "PR" gets canned.
    Babbred likes this.

Woooooohoooooooo!

Well, at least LIFETIME is listening to the TIM GUNN fans!

Tim Gunn Nabs His Own Fashion Competition Series On Lifetime | Variety

Yeah! We love you, Tim! And I'm so glad Mondo, Anya, and Nick will be helping out. They were great contestants.

I loved PR in the past, but it's time to let go. They have clearly jumped the shark since they now focus on fights and drama. I really, really hope that Tim won't let that happen on his show.
    Florimel likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread