+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Re: Tim Gunn

He kinda did it with style.
    Okay, maybe I was raised differently, but I don't call slapping down another designer in front of his competitors "style"! :nono

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree w/99% of the world in this situation, I guess.

FORT Fogey

I think that if Johnny had stayed, Tim would have confronted him face to face. But since he was auf'ed, there was little point in dragging him though a confrontation.

FORT Fogey

I don't understand the controversy here. It's not like he lied about Tim. Johnny didn't disrespect Tim, he just flat out lied.

I think what Tim was trying to get across was not a sort of "don't mess with me" vibe but instead a "don't lie to the judges, stand by your decisions, man up." vibe.

Good interview with Tim in today's LA Times...a lot of the same stuff, but some new tidbits as well:

'Project Runway': Tim Gunn carries on (to Season 7) | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

(Too long to post the whole thing here)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3751644;
    Good interview with Tim in today's LA Times...a lot of the same stuff, but some new tidbits as well:

'Project Runway': Tim Gunn carries on (to Season 7) | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

(Too long to post the whole thing here)
    Actually, Patt Morrison (of NPR) interviewed him for her Saturday L.A. Times column last Saturday. It was delightful to see his face smiling back at me over my breakfast

Tim Gunn: On the 'Runway' -- latimes.com -

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

There's an interesting interview with Tim Gunn here. On page 2 he talks about why he called out Team Luxe last week.

Tim Gunn movieline interview

I wonder what this is going to be:

Can you single out your proudest moment on Project Runway?
    You know something, and I am welling up with tears, sorry — the proudest moment is coming up this season. You’ll know what it is. It’s a big one. I don’t know whether it’s two episodes from now — sorry for this reaction! Just asking that question stirred me up. Yes, it’s coming. That’s all I can tell about that so far. Someone reveals something very personal that’s a beautiful moment. And it happens on the runway.

I wonder if Tim could actually still walk if his hands/arms were not crossed in front of his body, but down at his sides...

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3709749;
    Okay, maybe I was raised differently, but I don't call slapping down another designer in front of his competitors "style"! :nono

I'm just going to have to agree to disagree w/99% of the world in this situation, I guess.
    Well I'm with your 1%.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 09-04-2010 at 02:29 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4054501;
    There's an interesting interview with Tim Gunn here. On page 2 he talks about why he called out Team Luxe last week.

Tim Gunn movieline interview

I wonder what this is going to be:
    I'm glad the rift between Gretchen and him goes eventually and he "ended up being very fond of her". I also read (@ the Fashionista) the Daily News reported that he thinks ex-Liz Claiborne-subordinate, Isaac Mizrahi is a "terrible, terrible, terrible person".

And I'm also intrigued by that tidbit. I wonder if it has someting to do with Michael C. He's becoming notorious this season and I wonder who he (from the previews) was accusing of stealing his ideas. Judging from the hairstyle of the person he was facing, me thinks it's Valerie.
    Last edited by watts; 09-04-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4054503;
    I wonder if Tim could actually still walk if his hands/arms were not crossed in front of his body, but down at his sides...
    I don't think so. That would defiinitely have to be a part of any Tim Gunn impression.

+ Reply to Thread