+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

old cow

Re: Tim Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3705558;
    Another Tim Gunn-ism that will long be remembered:

I'm incredulous at that utterly preposterous spewing of fiction that Johnny did on the runway!"
    he must have one of those dictionary/thesarus desk calendars that gives you the meaning of a new word every day of the year.

At least he left out "mitigate" and "caucus" this time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Actually I thought Tim was very disrespectful to Johnny, and WAY over the top in his reaction.

Johnny had every right to be given a dressing down to.... IN FRONT OF HIM SO HE COULD DEFEND HIMSELF! For Tim to do that in front of the designers behind Johnny's back just made me sick that someone so untouchable... so God-like, could do that.

I was really let down by Tim's behavior.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

He didn't disappoint me at all, actually.

I'm glad he spoke up to the point that he's not some clueless nincompoop who wouldn't see what Johnny did.

Confronting Johnny face-to-face would have put Johnny on the spot (pardon the expression). Forced him to confront his lie and I'm sure make him exceptionally uncomfortable on-camera. I think he spared him that, but wanted it known he wasn't clueless to what was going on behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3706194;
    Actually I thought Tim was very disrespectful to Johnny, and WAY over the top in his reaction.

Johnny had every right to be given a dressing down to.... IN FRONT OF HIM SO HE COULD DEFEND HIMSELF! For Tim to do that in front of the designers behind Johnny's back just made me sick that someone so untouchable... so God-like, could do that.

I was really let down by Tim's behavior.
    I'm not saying I agree or disagree with your post, but really...what kind of "defense" could Johnny have given? He flat-out LIED about what happened to his dress...

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Tim was so kind and encouraging to Johnny when J had his meltdown during the first challenge. Knowing Johnny's drug addiction history, I think Tim was wise to say nothing directly to J (especially on camera), but he must have been frustrated when he saw how J lied to the judges (and everyone else). I wouldn't have known what to do either.

Nothing that Tim said diminished my opinion of him.

Don't you think Tim's remarks smacked of "mean-girl" groupiness? I do.

Also, in defense of Johnny, there are some outtakes which show someone (but it doesn't show who) ironing and the spray 'spitting' on the board. Also, Johnny's Defense could've been "You said it was so bad, so I threw it out, and had little time." Granted, he still lied (or over-reached), but still I think Tim handled this very unprofessionally & crassly.

I agree with those who think that Tim doing that so publicly was a warning to the other designers that he (and the show) isn't going to stand for that kind of crap. Tim is sort of the guardian of the show's integrity, so I don't mind if he has to get in people's faces to do it. He just hasn't had to get this in-your-face up till now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Maybe he should've w/Santino. But he was probably so perplexed at that auf'ing, that he was speechless.

FORT Newbie

there are some outtakes which show someone (but it doesn't show who) ironing and the spray 'spitting' on the board.
    Perhaps but spit steam is not why Johnny scrapped the dress; he tossed it out because Tim said it was a mess. He flat-out lied and, especially after Tim put on his life coach hat and soothed Johnny when he panicked in the first episode, I don't blame Tim one bit for being angry. I didn't think he was crass or unprofessional at all. He kinda did it with style.

+ Reply to Thread