+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Tim Gunn

Happy Birthday Tim!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Ger

I am new to this site and just want to say I love Tim Gunn and also love the show Project Runway and cannot wait for it to get back on the air.

I have missed this show very much

FORT Fogey

i am sorry is he gay?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3654873;
    i am sorry is he gay?
    Yes, here's a good article about him by the way....metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=2990

Glad the show is back!

Woo hoo....the allstars is on now. I Love this show and so fun to see favs from old seasons.

Not sure if this is a repeat but if you go to their website you can send a message to your friends from Tim Gunn. I had one sent to me and my phone rang as soon as I hit send and Tim Gunn left a message. You even have different phrases to choose from to make the message more personal to the person you are sending it to.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa?;3671616;
    Woo hoo....the allstars is on now. I Love this show and so fun to see favs from old seasons.

Not sure if this is a repeat but if you go to their website you can send a message to your friends from Tim Gunn. I had one sent to me and my phone rang as soon as I hit send and Tim Gunn left a message. You even have different phrases to choose from to make the message more personal to the person you are sending it to.
    I sent one of these messages from Tim to my husband this morning. Hubby then called and said, "I'll be late coming home from work tonight. I have to stop at the fabric store and pick up the things I need to design something gorgeous!" I almost fell off my chair laughing.

It sure was great to see PR back on the air last night!

FORT Fanatic

I know everyone links Tim Gunn, rightly so, to the fashion world but I think one of the reasons he is such a good mentor is because of his background as a sculptor--he is able to think in 3-D.

My husband is a sculptor (works with bronze) and he basically taught me how to dress in a way that was best for my body. He also was able to help me figure out what changes I needed to make on my sewing patterns and whether a fabric was going to work or not. He would hold the pattern up, touch the fabric for a moment and then look at me then tell me what adjustments to make.

I think Tim Gunn is also able to follow the bouncing ball, so to speak, and visualize in his mind where the garment is headed and help the designers make appropriate adjustments so that their vision becomes a reality. I just think it is a different process--the sculptor (at least those like my husband) allows the piece to emerge (inward to outward) whereas the designer manipulates the fabric to create the piece (outward to inward).

Just my .02 and not sure if I'm making sense

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn;3691891;
    I know everyone links Tim Gunn, rightly so, to the fashion world but I think one of the reasons he is such a good mentor is because of his background as a sculptor--he is able to think in 3-D.

My husband is a sculptor (works with bronze) and he basically taught me how to dress in a way that was best for my body. He also was able to help me figure out what changes I needed to make on my sewing patterns and whether a fabric was going to work or not. He would hold the pattern up, touch the fabric for a moment and then look at me then tell me what adjustments to make.

I think Tim Gunn is also able to follow the bouncing ball, so to speak, and visualize in his mind where the garment is headed and help the designers make appropriate adjustments so that their vision becomes a reality. I just think it is a different process--the sculptor (at least those like my husband) allows the piece to emerge (inward to outward) whereas the designer manipulates the fabric to create the piece (outward to inward).

Just my .02 and not sure if I'm making sense
    This makes perfect sense to me. I am an artist and have done sculpture. This ability made me a great hair stylist because I could envision exactly how to create the hair style from a different vantage point.

Another Tim Gunn-ism that will long be remembered:

I'm incredulous at that utterly preposterous spewing of fiction that Johnny did on the runway!"

+ Reply to Thread