+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Re: Tim Gunn

Well, Tim Gunn has officially made it: he's the subject of an Onion fake news story!

Tim Gunn Takes Wizards Shopping For Less Hideous Uniforms | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Funny stuff!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Tim will appear on The Rachel Ray show on Wednesday, March 11th
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Had to share this, which accompanies a brief interview with him in OK magazine:

What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Wow... don't know what else there is to say but... wow...

It sure takes a confident man to pull of a pic like that.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

In the interview, he says he hasn't been on a date in 26 years (!), and actually prefers being alone.

That's a pity, because that's a pretty fine bod for a man in his 50s (or any age for that matter).
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree! What a pitty I've only seen him on PR but he seems like a pretty nice/ cool guy. For some reason I can't imagine him as much of a loner.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3423192;
    In the interview, he says he hasn't been on a date in 26 years (!), and actually prefers being alone.

That's a pity, because that's a pretty fine bod for a man in his 50s (or any age for that matter).
    I agree whole-heartedly, MFW...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3422945;
    Had to share this, which accompanies a brief interview with him in OK magazine
    a BRIEF interview . . . . that's very punny!

Agree that Tim would made a fine significant other for someone, although I wouldn't want to play Scrabble with the man!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Here's a new one...Tim Gunn is going to be a comic book hero!

Dressed for Action

By GEORGE GENE GUSTINES
    Published: May 20, 2009

Ready to Save the Day: Tim Gunn (and Iron Man) in a version of the first cover of “Models Inc.”

THE heroes of Marvel Entertainment have foiled everything from bank robberies to alien invasions — usually with their fists. But when a young set designer is murdered during New York Fashion Week, solving the crime falls to more delicate hands.

On Aug. 26, Marvel will release the first issue of “Models Inc.,” a sartorially minded mini-series that unites some of its fashion-friendly supporting characters and pushes them into new starring roles.

The runway divas include Millicent Collins (a k a Millie the Model), Patsy Walker, also known as the superheroine Hellcat, and Mary Jane, the model-turned actress who is the sometimes wife of Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

The women team up to clear Millicent, who is the prime suspect in the murder of the set designer. Think of it as “Charlie’s Angels” set in the fashion world.

But what would the angels be without someone to guide them? Enter Tim Gunn of “Project Runway.” In the debut issue’s second story, Mr. Gunn becomes an action figure — jumping into Iron Man’s suit of armor to save a fashion exhibition from evildoers.

It’s certainly a departure from Mr. Gunn’s usual role as a mentor to aspiring designers, but there is a connection. Mr. Gunn said he remembered comic books with Millicent, who first appeared in 1945. She was a comic romantic figure, who worked as a model for the Hanover agency.

Mr. Gunn will grace one version of the first cover of “Models Inc.,” drawn by Phil Jimenez, a popular comic book artist who also illustrated the cover of “Amazing Spider-Man” No. 583, which paired Spidey with President Obama. A sales analysis on the Beat, the comic blog of Publishers Weekly, estimated that more than 520,000 copies of the issue were sold.

Can Mr. Gunn persuade fashionistas that these comic books are as valuable as the September issue of Vogue?

Mr. Gunn doesn’t claim to know, but he is as surprised as your average Hulk reader that he is now a Marvel action figure.

“I’m not certain of the particulars of how I’ll be portrayed, but I’m really excited about it,” Mr. Gunn said. “To say I’m a character in a comic book is wild!”
    POW! BIFF! BAM! MAKE IT WORK!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3225604 View Post
    There was a really nice column about Tim in today's Boston GLOBE. The author's premise was that he is one of the "universally irresistible " people...that he was at a number of the Fashion Week shows and that people lined up to talk to him after each show.

All kinds of people were quoted speaking highly of Tim but my favorite quote was from Steve Rosengard--last season.

"Why is Tim so universally appealing? I would say it comes down to three things. He's clearly intelligent, but without being a bore. He can laugh at himself and at others without a trace of malice. Above all, he's unpretentious, which in fashion is like finding a piece of the Queen's jewelry without a diamond in it."
    He's simply a lovely man & it shows in everything he says & does. You can imagine what a great friend he would be.

+ Reply to Thread