+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

FORT Fogey

Re: Tim Gunn

I love watching Tim visit the homes of the finalists. He is just so poised and gracious no matter what he faces.

I thought the bicycle for two with Leeann...complete with suit and helmet was the most endearing sight.

^^ I so agree!! He seems like a guy you could really enjoy having lunch with- so interesting and poised!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3168625;
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2918924

There was a power struggle at Elle, and she is out as Fashion Director. She is "Editor-at-Large" until her contract runs out, which is how the show is describing her this season. Not sure where she's going next, but the rumor is she's going to Marie Claire, and Marie Claire is replacing Elle as the sponsoring magazine in season 6.
    I thought she was already at Marie Claire? And wasn't there news that she was seen a lot with Elle's former creative director, Gilles Bensimon? Rumour has it that ever since Joe Zee took over Elle as creative director, Gille's role at Elle got smaller and smaller and that Nina would be taking him to Marie Claire. Or are you talking about Nina's decision to lay back a little bit to take care of her 1-year old son?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3215988;
    I thought she was already at Marie Claire? And wasn't there news that she was seen a lot with Elle's former creative director, Gilles Bensimon? Rumour has it that ever since Joe Zee took over Elle as creative director, Gille's role at Elle got smaller and smaller and that Nina would be taking him to Marie Claire. Or are you talking about Nina's decision to lay back a little bit to take care of her 1-year old son?
    She is at Marie Claire now. There are updates on this in Nina's thread; I wrote what you quoted back in August. And I think you're right about the Gilles Bensimon aspect of it. Nina was technically still with Elle during the taping of Season 5 in June/July (I think because of her contract), but she was already mostly out the door.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3215989;
    She is at Marie Claire now. There are updates on this in Nina's thread; I wrote what you quoted back in August. And I think you're right about the Gilles Bensimon aspect of it. Nina was technically still with Elle during the taping of Season 5 in June/July (I think because of her contract), but she was already mostly out the door.
    Oops! Didn't realize the date you wrote it. But I thought she already had the Marie Claire job secured even when she was still with Elle?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3215993;
    Oops! Didn't realize the date you wrote it. But I thought she already had the Marie Claire job secured even when she was still with Elle?
    She may have, I'm not sure. But she was still under contract with Elle until this summer, so if she was already talking to Marie Claire, she probably couldn't talk about it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Here's a link on Bravo showing Tim taking the viewer on a behind-the-scenes tour of Bryant Park. It's Timolicious.

Project Runway: Countdown to Finale - Season 5 - Official Bravo TV Site
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

you guys are on a different topic at this point but i really do love tim gunn. out of the project runway experience that i've had since i started watching, tim gunn has been my favorite of the regulars and every season, he continues to amaze me and make me proud. despite kenley's BS or dealing with the bike riding with leanne, he is poised and affable and completely courteous, not to mention intelligent and inspiring. if i could ever be on PR, i would enjoy tim gunn the most out of the entire thing. he is so wonderful. i loved how he choked up on the last episode (10/8). it made me want to cry, too. <3 for tim gunn!
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Fogey

There was a really nice column about Tim in today's Boston GLOBE. The author's premise was that he is one of the "universally irresistible " people...that he was at a number of the Fashion Week shows and that people lined up to talk to him after each show.

All kinds of people were quoted speaking highly of Tim but my favorite quote was from Steve Rosengard--last season.

"Why is Tim so universally appealing? I would say it comes down to three things. He's clearly intelligent, but without being a bore. He can laugh at himself and at others without a trace of malice. Above all, he's unpretentious, which in fashion is like finding a piece of the Queen's jewelry without a diamond in it."

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;3218047;
    you guys are on a different topic at this point but i really do love tim gunn. out of the project runway experience that i've had since i started watching, tim gunn has been my favorite of the regulars and every season, he continues to amaze me and make me proud. despite kenley's BS or dealing with the bike riding with leanne, he is poised and affable and completely courteous, not to mention intelligent and inspiring. if i could ever be on PR, i would enjoy tim gunn the most out of the entire thing. he is so wonderful. i loved how he choked up on the last episode (10/8). it made me want to cry, too. <3 for tim gunn!
    Ditto! <3, <3, <3 Tim!!

+ Reply to Thread