+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Tim Gunn

Thanks for linking that interview with Tim Gunn, MFW. I think I lurrve him even more. I only wish he'd have said that he hates flip-flops.

Will Tim Gunn be moving with the show to the new channel next year?

Yep. Tim is going out to L.A. with Heidi and Michael. I think Nina is on the fence, they say she's signed on but she still doesn't have a day job, and she's not keen on going west. We shall see...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

We have a premiere date:

BRAVO'S "TIM GUNN'S GUIDE TO STYLE" SEASON TWO PREMIERES THURS., OCT. 2 AT 11 PM ET/PT

Series Unveils New Fashion Accomplice Gretta Monahan And A New Look In HD

NEW YORK August 14, 2008 Tim Gunn is back to the rescue, diving into women's closets everywhere for the second season of "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style," premiering Thursday, October 2nd at 11 PM ET/PT. Joining Gunn as his new "fashion accomplice" this season is Gretta Monahan, fashion expert, personal stylist and owner of Grettacole Spas, Salons and Boutiques. The series will move to its regular timeslot on Thursday, October 16th at 10 PM ET/PT. Gunn and Monahan won't be making anyone over with tough love and guidance, they'll help people make themselves over.

"I am absolutely crazy about Gretta and together she and I want every woman to achieve her perfect signature look," said Gunn. "It takes hard work and commitment to look good, but it should also be fun our hope is that we'll inspire women everywhere to put their best foot forward and with cute shoes, too!"

"For years, I've been styling a range of clients from real women to red carpet celebrities both on and off-camera and in my experience, I have never encountered a show like this, which proves style is not superficial," said Monahan. "'Guide To Style' is about complete transformations from the inside out. It requires hard work, total honesty and 100% commitment from the participants throughout the entire makeover process."
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3134242;
    Yep. Tim is going out to L.A. with Heidi and Michael. I think Nina is on the fence, they say she's signed on but she still doesn't have a day job, and she's not keen on going west. We shall see...
    What happened to Nina's day job?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3168534;
    What happened to Nina's day job?
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ml#post2918924

There was a power struggle at Elle, and she is out as Fashion Director. She is "Editor-at-Large" until her contract runs out, which is how the show is describing her this season. Not sure where she's going next, but the rumor is she's going to Marie Claire, and Marie Claire is replacing Elle as the sponsoring magazine in season 6.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3165772;
    We have a premiere date:
    I think I'll give this show another chance now that Veronica Webb is gone. She was such a poor match with Tim last season. In fact, I think it would be a better show if it was just Tim and that week's "fashion victim".
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Tim is adorable on PR, no doubt there. He just cannot carry a show of his own unless it is very specific to his job at Parsons.

On one epidode he was dumb founded that back fat existed. He did understand the term and when explained, stood struck in the lights. EVERY fashion desiger or technition knows about this. Veronica, no matter how bad her hair or awkward her height, had some sense about current culture.

Tim cannot anchor a show. No way. Love him as we do, he has his limits.

I had the good fortune to attend the Emmy's a couple of years ago and the highlight was meeting Tim Gunn & Nina Garcia. Tim is warm, friendly and a true gentleman. Nina was very pleasant.

FORT Fanatic

Tim Gunn was a guest speaker at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Wash., D.C. about a year ago. He is a native of Washington and attended the Corcoran's School of Art. He was charming, just as one would expect. When he was sitting in the audience waiting to be introduced, I noticed he is starting to get a tiny bald spot in the middle of his head. I found that rather endearing; it makes him even more human.

+ Reply to Thread