+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Re: Tim Gunn

The ultimate Tim Gunn interview, as far as I'm concerned; some things will shock you!

Chicago Tribune 'Project Runway's' Tim Gunn talks about Christian's win, 'PR's' sourpuss and Tim's own 'diva moment'
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2827845;
    The ultimate Tim Gunn interview, as far as I'm concerned; some things will shock you!

Chicago Tribune 'Project Runway's' Tim Gunn talks about Christian's win, 'PR's' sourpuss and Tim's own 'diva moment'

That was a fantastic interview article, thank you! I cannot believe how Victorya could even be comfortable being that rude and disrespectful to other people! *sigh* oh well, hopefully we won't have to hear about her anymore.

Tim is very honest, which in some of the questions made my jaw drop, but it's refreshing to read what REALLY goes on behind the scenes and his opinions about the challenges and designers!

FORT Newbie

To quote Santino, "Tim Gunn, Tim Gunn, If he calls your name your done!"

In case you all don't know, Tim will be on The Biggest Loser next week. He's going to help out with the makeovers! I can't wait!

Awful Victorya. She's even more sour than her face indicates. Her work was kind of simple and juvenile too.

But I came here to talk about Tim. They were replaying those shows he does with Veronica Webb. In one show, he tells the mom to throw away all her capri pants. Veronica Webb mentions that she wore those when she was a mom. He told her that she is not 5' 3."

The girl looked o.k. in those pants. I think shorter people better have the scale to carry off wearing capri pants. Plus you do want variety. You do want casual clothes. I thought it was very wasteful to throw away all those pants. I wonder if anybody told him that after the fact.

He does make another pile for "give away" but yeah, it doesn't seem to stack up as high as the "throw away" pile.

And I agree that capri pants are not the devil. Maybe she'd just like to wear them around the house. Sometimes he's too strict with them.

I think he's more entertaining when he has insane designers to play off, as opposed to intimidated housewives who have to open their underwear drawers on national TV. Wouldn't you just die!?
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was reading his book and he says you never know who will drop by, once firefighters showed up at his house because a neighbor reported smoke.....Tim Gunn AND firefighters, heeheehee!

at least he had one good thing to say about Victorya

“I will say this too, as sour as she is, she is extremely talented.” -Chicago Tribune Interview

FORT Newbie

"That’s a challenge where I thought the person who won was going home. I thought Ricky’s garment was so dumb, fashion-wise. It was just a tube with stuff on it." Tim Gunn about the Jean Challenge...

There's a funny interview with Tim in Metrosource magazine. One favorite quote:
    And finally, after a long day of making it work, what’s Mr. Gunn’s cocktail of choice?
    If I’m home, then it’s a gin and tonic. If I’m out (a rare occasion, to be sure), then I have a Manhattan. I put martinis aside in favor of Manhattans ever since September 11. It’s part of my own display of patriotism.
    How cute! Tim Gunn, doing his part for his country!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread