+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Re: Tim Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;2559887;
    Did anyone catch his show last night? I thought it premiered tonight but it came on after Top Chef. I thought it was going to be a teaser episode but it was a full hour. Any ways, he's hilarious. And so good. I love him. I thought Veronica Webb did pretty good also.
    He's great, the show is great and I have it on Season Pass on my TIVO. It's similar to What Not to Wear, but better IMO. He's kinder and cares more about the women than they do on the American version of WNTW. I think his show is more similar to the British version of WNTW and he has what is missing in the American version - compassion and a genuine caring about the person they are helping. I always feel a bit like Stacy thinks the show is about her, not about whomever they are helping. Tim Gunn of course is the opposite. He's delightful. I loved how choked up he got about Auggie (sp?) giving his wife that ring. It was so endearing. Of course my husband and I were tearing up along with everyone else in that room

It makes me want to go buy Tim's book. Or really to have him give my wardrobe a look-over. I'm sure I could use the help. And from someone as nice as he is while being extremely knowledgeable is a great combination.

I also thought it was hysterical when Veronica told Tim to "make it work". MrC doesn't watch Project Runway with me so had no idea that was Tim's signature line so I had to explain it.

Overall I thought the show was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2561774;
    He's great, the show is great and I have it on Season Pass on my TIVO. It's similar to What Not to Wear, but better IMO. He's kinder and cares more about the women than they do on the American version of WNTW. I think his show is more similar to the British version of WNTW and he has what is missing in the American version - compassion and a genuine caring about the person they are helping. I always feel a bit like Stacy thinks the show is about her, not about whomever they are helping. Tim Gunn of course is the opposite. He's delightful. I loved how choked up he got about Auggie (sp?) giving his wife that ring. It was so endearing. Of course my husband and I were tearing up along with everyone else in that room

It makes me want to go buy Tim's book. Or really to have him give my wardrobe a look-over. I'm sure I could use the help. And from someone as nice as he is while being extremely knowledgeable is a great combination.

I also thought it was hysterical when Veronica told Tim to "make it work". MrC doesn't watch Project Runway with me so had no idea that was Tim's signature line so I had to explain it.

Overall I thought the show was fantastic.

Yes, me too! I love Tim and I thin Veronica is a perfect with him for this.
    Ain't Love Grand!

LOL I love Tim Gunn, I love inpersonating him to my friends and making them laugh, too.
    I too was raised by a pack of Drag Queens!

Quote Originally Posted by jesseygolightly;2743994;
    LOL I love Tim Gunn, I love inpersonating him to my friends and making them laugh, too.
    Hey, its just a Snagglepuss impression minus the "Heavens to Murgatroyd!" and "Exit. Stage left." parts...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Any one see Tim on The Daily Show last night? He was great, and Jon Stewart seems to be a real PR fan. The segment was way too brief, however.

There are a dozen ways to find the video, but it originates from Comedy Central's site. Also, the show should be repeated tonight at 8PM ET (about 40 minutes from now).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2783575;
    Any one see Tim on The Daily Show last night? He was great, and Jon Stewart seems to be a real PR fan. The segment was way too brief, however.

There are a dozen ways to find the video, but it originates from Comedy Central's site. Also, the show should be repeated tonight at 8PM ET (about 40 minutes from now).
    It was great! My hubby and I said that it could be 4am and Tim could be woken up by a fire alarm and he'd still be perfectly put together and articulate. All hail Tim Gunn.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

I watched it on the Daily Show's website. Oh how I love Tim!! He such a great person and that was a wonderful way to which he defined fashion.

I love the fact that Jon Stewart is such a fan!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I loved him on The Daily Show, but I just adore Tim in general.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

I love him too and I work at a hotel and a coworker checked in today and she knew i was working and she checked in under the name Tim Gunn and called down here........imagine my confusion when I saw that name pop up!

Premium Member

I just watched Season 2 on DVD, and I loved when Santino was doing Tim Gunn impersonations and then when Tim confronted him how Santino was visibly embarrassed too funny.

+ Reply to Thread