+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

FORT Fogey
    The producers without question need to work the schedule in order to make Tim a part of the show. I think I'd sacrifice both Nina and Michael if necessary over losing Tim. Tim without question gives the show heart and makes it the good product that it is. While Top Chef is still a good show, it's not as good as Project Runway, and I think is a great illustration of what Project Runway would be without Tim.

There is no Project Runway without Tim Gunn! He makes the show. He and Heidi are the foundation for it, and I cannot imagine the show without him.
    I love Tim

I hope they can manage to work around his schedule.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    No Tim Gunn? No way! He's the reliable balance to the capriciousness of the judging. Without Tim, I fear more "regular reality tv drama" and less focus on the actual skills and talents of design.

I can say with confidence, if Tim is not on the show, I will not watch. I like the judges okay, but Tim really makes the show. I would be really upset if he was not on the next season.

I love Tim Gunn and hope they work around his schedule. He is what made the show great to watch and his fashion advice is very helpful to the contestants.
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 12-18-2006 at 09:17 PM. Reason: misspelled Tim's name as Tom! Sorry.

FORT Newbie
    carry on
    catchyyyyyyy

I don't know what this means for Project Runway, but Tim Gunn has a new gig.

BRAVO INKS PRODUCTION DEAL FOR NEW SERIES 'TIM GUNNS GUIDE TO STYLE'

New Series, Based on Gunns Upcoming Book, Will Overhaul the Fashion Weary

PASADENA, Calif. January 12, 2007 Bravo has inked a deal for the all-new series "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style." Hosted by Gunn, each episode will chronicle one person's fashion dilemmas and introduce the answer to all their troubles - Tim Gunn himself, with his inimitable style, propensity for coaching and encyclopedic expertise in fashion. As a result of Gunn's tutelage, several deserving folks will get the makeover of a lifetime from the man Entertainment Weekly called "a major arbiter of style." The announcement was made today by Frances Berwick, Executive Vice President, Programming & Production, Bravo. "Bravo is extremely lucky to have Tim Gunn as a part of our family," said Berwick. "We want our viewers to see his own opinions, his personal ideas on style, fashion and more. I am pleased to bring 'Tim Gunn's Guide to Style' to our viewers, because they have certainly been asking for more of him."

"Bravo is extremely lucky to have Tim Gunn as a part of our family," said Berwick. "We want our viewers to see his own opinions, his personal ideas on style, fashion and more. I am pleased to bring Tim Gunns Guide to Style to our viewers, because they have certainly been asking for more of him."

Gunn will use his style expertise to help ordinary people maximize their true fashion potential. Having spent countless years as chair of the Department of Fashion Design mentoring students and budding fashion designers, Gunn will put those same skills to work as he rescues people struggling with everything from a disastrous everyday wardrobe, to a special occasion that demands a revamped look. Gunn has an unmatched skill at helping people deal with any kind of predicament and gets the job done when the state of affairs seems grim.

I'm practically delirious that Bravo has given me this incredible opportunity and together, we vow to redefine makeovers, said Gunn. This series aims to be one-part education with two-parts fun, and youll see me being a fashion therapist, not a svengali.

Using the book Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style" by Tim Gunn and Kate Moloney (publishing in May 2007 by Abrams Image, an imprint of Harry N. Abrams, Inc. www.abramsimage.com) as a manual, each episode will capture Gunn using his unmatched counseling skills in transforming the fashion weary into polished and dapper-looking individuals. Tims quest to help the world understand his philosophy of quality, taste and style will cover many areas in the Tim Gunns Guide to Style series such as, choosing an appropriate style, finding the right fit, revamping closets, selecting fashion role models, proper grooming, carrying yourself well, selecting the right accessories and unexpected fashion challenges, such as shopping for vacations and special events.

Timothy Gunn is Chair of the Department of Fashion Design at Parsons The New School for Design. Gunn has been a valuable member of the Parsons community for over 23 years. In August 2000, he was named chair of the fashion design program tasked with retooling and revitalizing the curriculum for the 21st century. Under Gunn's direction, the department has reinforced its position as the undeniable leader in American fashion design as one of only a handful of leading programs in the world. Prior to his selection as chair of the fashion design program, Gunn spent the majority of his career at Parsons as Associate Dean of the school. In that capacity, he worked closely with the academic departments and helped develop programs and relationships abroad, including the international spectrum of Parsons affiliates in Paris, Korea, Japan and the Dominican Republic.
    Link

Oh! Well that will certainly be one more show on my "must-see" list! I sure hope that he's still on Project Runway, though. I can't imagine that show without him.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Oh no, that is going to suck without Tim Gunn...he was a big part of the show, I identify him more as the host of the show versus Heidi....I wonder who will take his place...whomever that is, i hope they... "make it work"... lol

Dunno about him leaving PR. This may be the thing that was required to insure his return... more money from Bravo.

+ Reply to Thread