+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Tim Gunn

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I just caught a bit of a radio interview (Kidd Kraddick) this morning with Tim Gunn. (In fact, had I not heard Tim's voice, I'd have kept on scanning.) Most of what he said has been out in the press for ages (how he doesn't confer with the judges during the judging, how he's really bonded with some of the previous contestants, etc.). He did say that he's really proud of Chloe for staying in Houston, and by doing so, she is making a fresh statement that high-end fashion doesn't have to come out of NYC or LA. He also defended Jay, saying is showing in the Fall at NY fashion week.

But, as for tonight's third episode, the clues he dropped were that it was likely his favorite episode of all time and that viewers will be really surprised/touched at what goes on. That's all he said and I have no idea what it means, either.

I'm going to work a little later than normal, and am thrilled I fell upon Tim Gunn on Regis and Kelly today. Geraldo Riviera was co-hosting, and interrupted the flow of the interview a few times (), but basically Tim said when he was interviewed for the show, they really didn't know how they were going to use him. It was only after the interview (and Tim's suggestion), that he could be used to stimulate conversation while the designers were working (there was some concern there would be dead silence, as their heads were down cutting, sewing, etc). He was impeccably styled (of course) in a dark suit and gorgeous pastel blue tie, and couldn't have been more humble, gracious and personable. It's obvious he deeply cares for fashion and people, and only wants the best for good up-and-coming designers. I love this man.

There was no mention of the 'scandal' yet to come. Drat.
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-27-2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

oooh I loves me some Tim Gunn. I am having a crapfest of a time getting the latest podcast to download tho. Anyone else having this problem? in iTunes it just says the address is not valid or something. At the PR website the whole page is not found. They better hurry it up. Mr Nerd and I like to listen to them while we relax and such after little Nerd goes to bed.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

(Warning: West Coast Spoiler)

Tim was just on tonight's Conan O'Brien. Looked great in a dark pinstripe suit and a black turtleneck. Apparently he nearly stalked Conan in a Tower Records a while back, he's a real fan, and recounted everything Conan was wearing in the store that day.

Talking about people who watch the show, he once had a man roll down his window and yell at him, "Tim, you're killing me with that show, I love it...and I'm in construction!"

Conan did a Nazi-esque Heidi impression, shouting "YOU OUT!!" several times.

Conan asks if Barbie really was his inspiration at a young age, Tim goes on about how it was more the "Barbie Lifestyle" that attracted him (the house, the cars, the wardrobe, etc). He says Barbie "is a diva" and helps people who want to get into "experimentation...of a different kind...but a HEALTHY kind!" He's walking a tightrope tonight.

He mentions how some people on the street blamed him for Kara Saun's shoe fiasco, and others walk up to him and want to kiss him on the cheek. His mom is more pragmatic, and tells him "This is your 15 minutes of fame, USE IT!" -- and sees something in a magazine and asks him why it wasn't HIM reviewing the fashions instead of the person in the article.

At that point they ran out of time and went to commercial, the musical guest is next so his time is probably up. It was a good segment but rushed, and didn't really talk about the current show at all, or the fact that the Fashion Week finals are on Friday. Oh well...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-12-2006 at 01:29 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I just love Tim.
    Honestly, he actually has helped my vocabulary. I look up some of the words he says and incorporate them into my daily life.
    Also, loved that he was so great about, "I'll wear pants." I would like to see that.
    And the way he called Keith out. Great.

Am I the only one who's watching Tim Gunn on Regis and Kelly? I adore this man, and am lucky enough be home this morning. It's great being able to discover more of his personality -- the more I see him, the more I respect and admire him. It was hilarious when Kelly got Tim to try on green Crocs with his beautifully tailored suit, and we watched him try to make it work.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That was funny. I had no idea what a croc even WAS till that show this morning. I ran to the computer just to google them. I was shocked! people wear those monstrosities??! Then to see Tim wear them had me laughing
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Ha! I taped Tim's appearance on Regis & Kelly - and I did the same thing - paused it to google what the heck a croc shoe was. Then they had Tim model some 'croc-offs' as Kelly put it, so I needn't have bothered.

I thought Tim did a great job co-hosting! His natural consideration of other people, his curiosity and intelligence all served him well. He also has an easy laugh, and is good with quips without overshadowing the other host. A lot like he is on the show, really, only perhaps not as serious. He was just a good sport, but also very aware.

It was fun to see Tim model those shoes, and try to beat someone's record at stacking plastic cups. I loved his dedication also. He turned down a dinner party invitation the night before - guests included Jerry Seinfeld and Jason Gould - so he could be nice and rested for his co-host stint. The audience loved him too, of course. He was quite kind to Kelly, as well. He's just a good egg.

I was having just an awful day, and then I saw Tim Gunn on Regis and Kelley. He so likable in everyway. I kept smiling and it turned my day around. I need to see him in the morning every day.
    Also, did anyone else notice that on the second finale, Tim Gunn was wearing jeans? I believe it was the scene where he was getting all verklempt (emotional) about telling them the were about to show at Bryant Park. I’m pretty sure that is what I saw.

I can't imagine the show without Tim Gunn. For me, he is the one who makes the show.

Tim Gunn May Not Be on the Next Project Runway

THURSDAY DECEMBER 07, 2006
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Perhaps Project Runway's Tim Gunn should take his own advice and "Make it work."

The Bravo TV star may not be joining judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors and host Heidi Klum (who also executive produces the show) when Runway returns for its fourth season, Entertainment Weekly reports in its new issue.

His responsibilities as chair of the fashion design department at New York City's Parsons school, where Gunn, 53, has worked for 23 years, make him unavailable for filming during the academic year.

Last season which resulted in a win by bad-boy designer Jeffrey Sebelia began shooting after the end of a semester. Next season's schedule reportedly has not been locked in.

"As we have in past seasons, we will find a way to work around everyone's schedules, and are confident the team will be back," said Sarah Rothman, a spokeswoman for The Weinstein Company, which produces the show.

Gunn's good-natured mentoring of the Runway contestants has made him a fan favorite and the feeling is mutual. "I'm the luckiest man on earth," he told PEOPLE earlier this year about his newfound fame.
    Link

+ Reply to Thread