+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2 Possible ***Spoilers ***

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    The Olympus Fashion Week schedule is out:

http://www.olympusfashionweek.com/fall2006/schedule/

According to it, the PR final will be Friday, Feb. 10 at 9:00 am. So if anybody is in NYC and wants to lurk, you can probably get us some advance info on the finalists.....

AKat
    Now, if the finale is in here in New York next week on the 10th, what is going to stop everyone from spilling who the final three are? I really want Nick to be there, Im worried that he might not make it. I think that him, Santino and Daniel would make a great final three. Is it me, or is Daniel winning may too much and is already the winner in the judges eyes?

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by poshspice View Post

Now, if the finale is in here in New York next week on the 10th, what is going to stop everyone from spilling who the final three are? I really want Nick to be there, Im worried that he might not make it. I think that him, Santino and Daniel would make a great final three. Is it me, or is Daniel winning may too much and is already the winner in the judges eyes?
    Who knows what goes on in the judges' minds? Daniel looks to be in a good position right now, but maybe they are just doing that so they can pull a surprise and give it to somebody else.

I thought Kara Saun's collection was superior last year, but they gave it to Jay, so there is really no telling what they will do.

It would be nice if somebody leaked the final three though

AKat

Quote Originally Posted by AKat View Post
    Who knows what goes on in the judges' minds? Daniel looks to be in a good position right now, but maybe they are just doing that so they can pull a surprise and give it to somebody else.

I thought Kara Saun's collection was superior last year, but they gave it to Jay, so there is really no telling what they will do.
    While the judges have their personal favorites (I think Daniel is on everyone's list now), I honestly don't think they plan out who will win as a means of creating the most drama. I think they want to have 3 strong collections at Fashion Week. Daniel is the favorite, but he has to produce--if he doesn't, he'll lose the big prize.

I have to disagree about Kara Saun's collection last year--it was beautiful, but it really wasn't new or different. I was surprised that the used bits, given Gucci's use of them, and the designs were much the same as her designs on the show (low cut, etc.). For me, her collection was like watching a favorite movie--love it, but have seen it before and know where it's going. Jay's collection was really him--it was beautifully done. How original was it? Well, I don't think there's anything really original under the sun, but his collection was new and different. The outfits were detailed and complex, with each piece really nicely done. I gave the win to Jay.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Last year, there were Getty images leaked early, and I'd bet the same thing will happen this year. I've been trying to bribe my sister to going down and staking out the show and reporting back, but so far she's not going to do it.

Also, let's bring the discussion on the merits of the fashion back on this season's offerings. There are other threads to discuss Kara Saun & Jay. Thanks!

So they time the episodes to coincide with the fashion show right? By next Wednesday, we'll know the Final Four. And if they do it like last year they'll have four showing with only three counting for real.

Damn, I'll be up in New York on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of next week. Wonder if there are places I can go to snoop.

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx View Post
    So they time the episodes to coincide with the fashion show right? By next Wednesday, we'll know the Final Four. And if they do it like last year they'll have four showing with only three counting for real.

Damn, I'll be up in New York on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of next week. Wonder if there are places I can go to snoop.

OOOO, that would be cool.

You know, that's true that the shows will coincide. I mean, next Wednesday, we find out the final four, then a couple of days later is the Project Runway show at Fashion Week.

Since last year the top four designers actually DID show (even though Austin wasn't mentioned on the show) --if they do the same thing this year, we'll already know the final four from Wednesday but won't be able to tell the SHOW'S top three from getty images, etc.

Project Runway is scheduled to show Friday, February 10th, at 9 am on the Promenade, according to THIS...

http://www.olympusfashionweek.com/fall2006/schedule/
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by poshspice View Post

Is it me, or is Daniel winning may too much and is already the winner in the judges eyes?
    I'd say Daniel is clearly a favorite, but I don't think they've already decided he's the winner -- it depends on the collections. Remember, while there is some overlap, the skill sets for doing a successful design on the program are not exactly the same as those required to develop a cohesive, innovative collection. Tim said Daniel F. had one of the best portfolios of the bunch, but his workmanship and his portfolio wasn't really reflected in what he did in the show, I think. The skills that seem to cause success while designing on the program, thinking quick, designing quickly, shopping quick and smartly, dealing well within a small budget, sewing well quickly, and making *one* outfit the judges really like, well, they really aren't as relevant when having several months to design a collection of ten outfits. To design a whole collection requires a lot more planning and strategy, a lot more coordination, you've got to put a lot more effort into creating a wow effect, the expectations are much higher.

Now I like Daniel, and I think his designs are good, and I admit there have been quite a few limitations in terms of time and budget, as well as the fact that he's seemed to have improved his confidence and his work product over the course of the show, but his designs have been rather simplistic (a la Chloe) and have been rather narrow in range, if you think about it. Everything has basically the same silhouette, fitted short dress, with a few minor variations on the bodice. Even his lingerie design and skating costume were just the same silhouette basically, dresses with the skirt eliminated. I didn't like but one thing Andrae did, but he showed more range in terms of what he tried, heck, you could say the same thing for Santino. Even the Queen of Aquamarine has shown more of a range in terms of her design, if not in color.

The other thing to consider is that if other designers are comparatively weaker at the skills that make one successful in challenges on the show, many of those challenges, budget, time, etc., will be removed for the Fashion Week show. Not to mention last season in detail, just as an example, although he did reasonably well and obviously made the final three, Jay wasn't as successful at the skills for winning challenges as some of the other designers, but he clearly had a lot stronger and more cohesive vision when he actually had adequate time and budget. If Santino were to make the final three, he could get around his poor construction skills by hiring someone to do it for him. If you go back and look at what the designers produced for the first show, Nick had an absolutely gorgeous gown, an outfit that far outdoes most of what he's actually done *on* the show, not that I think a lot of those outfits were too shabby, either.

You know that the press will let us know who's real and who's not. They did last year. And the good news is that through Getty's Images or the website, we will know what they designed. So, next week we will all get a peak at what our little designers have done. Can't wait.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

I hope the news does leak out because I am not sure I can take the whole two weeks or so worth of suspense!

+ Reply to Thread