+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 12/14 Show Discussion "All Dolled Up"

FORT Newbie
    Raymundo's dress was a mess but he shoulda explained better his point about little girls wanting to dress as their mother - even if it was not the point of that challenge.
    I had a crush on him ; he is A DO RA BLE but oh well. I agree it was the worse this week.

I love love loved Nik's dress and Santino's attitude is horrible. I didnt think this horrible side of him would show so clearly right off the bat.

I totally adore Diana too and her dress WAS cool. For someone with not a lot of fashion experience she is doing well.

Nick: Deserved to win.
    Santino: His dress was very good but he needs stop acting insulted when he doesn't win every challenge!
    Chloe: Kind of boring but it was very Barbie. I liked her previous designs more.
    Andrae: I actually liked it but it did NOT go with the challenge. He's pretty annoying.
    Daniel F.: I like him so much better this year. I liked this dress a lot but it was not all that barbie-ish.
    Daniel V: I liked this a lot better than his previous designs. This guy hardly gets any air time.
    Diana: Very couture but I think it works. I like her designs.
    Emmett: Okay. All of his stuff is just okay to me.
    Lupe: It was cute but not the best.
    Kara: There probably is a Barbie with this exact outfit...but I think it's ugly.
    Marla: Don't like it. And what's with the make-up?
    Raymundo: I just don't get it.
    Zulema: I don't see a 16 year old wearing something like that.

Can I also say that I hated those barbies? They look like a knock-off of those Bratz dolls.

I gained a new appreciation of Chloe tonight, mainly because of her attention to the task and her overall strategic thinking. Nick is still my favorite though. Santino needs a couple more smacks like tonight to keep him on his toes. No resting on laurels.

Raymundo's elimination was only surprising because he went home before Andrae, but Marla's was better. She just totally missed her target audience. She's obviously very close to leaving, but I think she still fits a role for the producers.

Ranking time.. best to worst designers as of now (tiers are still necessary until the clear losers and winners show through):

1 Nick
    2 Santino
    3 Chloe
    4-7 Diana, Emmett, Daniel V., Daniel F.
    8-12 Kara, Lupe, Zulema, Andrae, Marla

Lupe is down on my rankings. Her designs are too busy and seem excessive. I don't see her lasting forever.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    Can I also say that I hated those barbies? They look like a knock-off of those Bratz dolls.
    UGH I agree totally. When I take my little one to the store, she won't even glance at the My Scene Barbies OR the Bratz. Just the regular Barbies for us!

Next time I am at the store, I will be looking close anywhere to see if I see Nick's design on a My Scene Barbie. I am wondering if it's already been marketed, is being marketed to hit about now (when the show airs), or if it's a future thing.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fan
    OK, so I'm not really into dolls; but how can they call a Bratz-lookalike doll "Barbie" if it looks nothing like the original? Even I know that doesn't look like a Barbie doll. At least when they do ethnic Barbies the faces are still the same...

I thought it was a fair conclusion -- Raymundo's creation was the worst. He could justify all he wanted, but he totally missed the target audience -- teen girls -- when was the last time a (16 year old) teen girl wanted to dress up like her mom? Developmentally only very young girls wanted to imitate their mothers.

Which was why the whole tears and "I left with integrity" thing kinda annoyed me -- why won't anybody own up to their mistakes these days? I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more of this kind of attitude this season.

I wish we'd had a better explanation of how Raymundo came up with that concept. I mean, it looked like Bag Lady Barbie. Or maybe Homeless Barbie, I don't know.

Even if you want kids to not grow up too fast--which he mentioned as being something he kept in mind--and you want to create a doll that kind of captures a more innocent look (as opposed to the slut-wear marketed to young people these days), what person of any age would want to wear whatever that was he put together?

I think the winner (I'm sorry I don't remember his name) deserved it. And as a buyer of a few "My Scenes" Barbie’s I knew right off he would win. Good for him! And while Santino's design was great I can't imagine why he thinks he should sit in a corner and whine about not winning. He will get on my nerves soon I think. Chloe's dress was cute and so was Franco’s? dress. Oh and Zemula's outfit was very much Barbie but it was an outfit you would see on any Barbie and Skipper too for that matter. Still very cute! Um Andre...the bubble skirt didn't work for me. And Ramundo certainly doesn't understand pre-teens. No pre-teen or teen wants to dress like her Mom (unless her Mom is uber-cool and really how often is that? Only on the O.C. my friends. LOL!) My real own issue with is that she will have to learn to make (drape, sew whatever) on her own. The challenges will get more intense I'm sure and the other designers will not have the time or the inclination to help their competitor put her design together

Project Runway 2

With so many threads on this show, I can't keep up with it all!!! Let's use this thread as ANYTHING Project Runway 2, shall we?

In terms of design, Santino by far is my favorite. But his egotistic decorum is killing me! I can't stand someone who think he's superior to others. In his case, he has the talent to back up his ego, but...being a good person matters so much more!

So far, I think Chloe is just adorable!

I LOVED Nik's barbie dress! The whole thing, from the hat to shoes, screamed Barbie!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaru View Post
    With so many threads on this show, I can't keep up with it all!!! Let's use this thread as ANYTHING Project Runway 2, shall we?

In terms of design, Santino by far is my favorite. But his egotistic decorum is killing me! I can't stand someone who think he's superior to others. In his case, he has the talent to back up his ego, but...being a good person matters so much more!

So far, I think Chloe is just adorable!

I LOVED Nik's barbie dress! The whole thing, from the hat to shoes, screamed Barbie!
    I couldn't agree more.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer View Post
    I wish we'd had a better explanation of how Raymundo came up with that concept. I mean, it looked like Bag Lady Barbie. Or maybe Homeless Barbie, I don't know.
    There was a "white trash Barbie"
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread