+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models: Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    also.... isnt this, like last year, ALSO a competition for the models? Dont the models get a fashion spread if they're with the winning designer at the end of this shindig? And as I've said befor.... it's the models JOB to make the outfit look good. You're suppose to showcase the clothes, not outshine the garment.
    I find the model thing very complicated and bizzare this season. I liked it better last season where the winner just chose and so did everybody else. I think it's too confusing and Klum says bye to the model and they can come back? What? I think the winner should be able to keep their designs. Query: wouldn't the lawyer have lost her scarf anyway when the enture outfit was auctioned including the scarf even if it wasn't cut up?
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    I find the model thing very complicated and bizzare this season. I liked it better last season where the winner just chose and so did everybody else. I think it's too confusing and Klum says bye to the model and they can come back? What? I think the winner should be able to keep their designs. Query: wouldn't the lawyer have lost her scarf anyway when the enture outfit was auctioned including the scarf even if it wasn't cut up?
    I think the only model who came back was Allison--and she came back because Raymundo's model dropped out. Allison replaced her.

And, I think Kirsten would have lost her scarf had she used it in the outfit, even if she hadn't cut it. My sense is that she knew that and that's why she didn't use it at all. Maybe she didn't want to sound "like a lawyer" on the runway, so she didn't mention that she'd lose it if she used it.

Maybe the producers decided it took up too much show-time to continually re-choose all the models. This way only the winner gets to re-choose and of course that's just choosing one. But I wonder what would happen if they did choose someone else's model - then would that designer need to re-choose also? So far though, the designers have been polite and stuck with their models. They also likely know it helps them if their model's happy.

Speaking of which - anyone else notice the long face on Zulema's model? She seems very unhappy around Zulema ever since the 'lotta booty' comment. How humiliating though! (check out the long faces while she waits for the Barbie dress, and while trying on Z's Nicky Hilton effort). I wonder if the models could choose, who would they choose? Be interesting for the show to give that a go sometime

Someone mentioned painted-on bodysuits. I was also thinking they could very well have to do that one episode... what if the challenge was a painted on outfit? I'd like to see Cara deal with that one. LOL

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    there are different types of models. Can't you agree not to go to a naked shoot or nasty langerie shoot. Naked is something else, isn't it? This isn't playboy. These are just contestants and have no right to give the models attitude. They should be so lucky that these beautiful women are willing to model an unknowns clothes.

I'm pro-model, and I support the one who said no. And, I say to the designer learn how to make clothes that don't show the naughty parts.
    I guess my main problem with Cara (the Model) was that she was completely unwilling to compromise, had she told Diana I don't really feel comfortable wearing so little, can we work together and find a solution, the situation would have been better. Instead, she crossed her arms and said she would not wear it, she would not feel comfortable and blah blah blah. Had she done this anwhere else, she would be gone so fast it's not even funny.

Or had she sold the clothes better once she did wear them. She was pouty and sulky (and not in a good way) even on the runway.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Or had she sold the clothes better once she did wear them. She was pouty and sulky (and not in a good way) even on the runway.
    And she has no presence...her walk is so blah...it's stiff, and I don't think it flatters the outfits (hideous as they may be, with Marla as the designer..) She's like an ice princess...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Speaking of which - anyone else notice the long face on Zulema's model? She seems very unhappy around Zulema ever since the 'lotta booty' comment. How humiliating though! (check out the long faces while she waits for the Barbie dress, and while trying on Z's Nicky Hilton effort). I wonder if the models could choose, who would they choose? Be interesting for the show to give that a go sometime
    I just mentioned this in the Zulema thread before I read your post, Brandy. I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel felt she was "stuck" with Zulema...

Ooh, Brandy, that would be a great little switchup to give the models the opportunity to pick their designers one week. I would hate being stuck with Zulema. She's had some real stinkers and I don't understand how she's skating under the radar.

Maybe it's still too soon but I'm not really liking many of the models so far. The girl who walked for Marla looked atrocious - sure, the dress was bad, but she didn't even try to carry it off.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    I think the whole methodology of choosing the models this season is illogical... Why would the winning designer want to dump the model that helped him or her won the challenge? Unless there's some major conflict that arises between a model and a designer, there's no way the designer would choose a different girl.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Maybe it's still too soon but I'm not really liking many of the models so far. The girl who walked for Marla looked atrocious - sure, the dress was bad, but she didn't even try to carry it off.
    Wasn't she the same girl who didn't want to wear Dirty Diana's designs in the lingerie challenge? At this rate, she'll be gone soon...

+ Reply to Thread