+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Models: Season 2

Model or not, women are all the same.
    :hair stands on end: Color me offended. LOL

I showed you that the other two models wearing LESS were fine with it. Women are not all the same. And as a model, she was unprofessional.

That Chloe, in my opinion, thinks she is something. She has a bad opinion for everyone. I hope she gets cut. Pride cometh before a fall. She is on my bad list.
    What does Chloe have to do with this discussion - it was Diana who had the discussion with the model who didn't wanna wear the lingerie... not Chloe. Do you have the two confused with each other? Or just putting two thoughts in a row.

If I'd been Diana I would have said OK don't model it then, fine, go home. And I would've asked for a little slack so that the other model could wear two outfits. I bet that model would've gotten a lot nicer very fast.

there are different types of models. Can't you agree not to go to a naked shoot or nasty langerie shoot. Naked is something else, isn't it? This isn't playboy. These are just contestants and have no right to give the models attitude. They should be so lucky that these beautiful women are willing to model an unknowns clothes.

I'm pro-model, and I support the one who said no. And, I say to the designer learn how to make clothes that don't show the naughty parts.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Can't you agree not to go to a naked shoot or nasty langerie shoot. Naked is something else, isn't it? This isn't playboy
    There was no nudity!! And I mean, in a show where they are dressing in front of the designers, isn't that kind of odd? (To suddenly become prudish)

I've worked fashion shows, and models are never inhibited like that. Quick changes, and all - and seeing themselves as a fashion hanger - it just does not happen. If she wants to be prudish, she's in the wrong field. Models model - and in this century things are often brief - what Diana gave her was not worse than most swimsuits.

And if she wants to model fully clothed, sorry but her career will be limited. A model can't tell designers what to design, and that is what she was doing that I disagreed with most. If she is unsure about what may be asked of her, (and in this show, it could be anything) then quit like Maria did. If it's not up to her high moral ground, quit. NO one's making her do this. But this IS what she signed up for.

Implying we're not 'pro model' or are somehow anti model is unfair. She's being unprofessional and expecting to be paid when she is not doing the job she was hired to do. Don't show up at a fashion runway and say what you will or will not wear... say that when they are hiring. Where does she get the nerve to tell a designer to remake a dress to suit her? And she can't walk for beans.

They should be so lucky that these beautiful women are willing to model an unknowns clothes.
    The models are just as unknown, and there's 100 girls ready to take that job and do it as promised.

also.... isnt this, like last year, ALSO a competition for the models? Dont the models get a fashion spread if they're with the winning designer at the end of this shindig? And as I've said befor.... it's the models JOB to make the outfit look good. You're suppose to showcase the clothes, not outshine the garment.

ITA, SuperBrat. VERY well said!!

Based on the pictures of the models on PR's website, I found Allison and Tarah both really pretty. But the models on a whole are definitely not as good as last season.

I like Grace and Claudia best... both very sweet and helpful to their designers, which of course, helps them too! Since it's a team. It's a bit disconcerting to hear the baby voice come out of six foot tall Grace, though! LOL.

Btw, does anyone else think of Veruschka when they see Grace, or is it just me? Or am I too old and no one else knows that name (I was a little girl then, but was into reading mom's Vogues).

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I like Grace and Claudia best... both very sweet and helpful to their designers, which of course, helps them too! Since it's a team. It's a bit disconcerting to hear the baby voice come out of six foot tall Grace, though! LOL.

Btw, does anyone else think of Veruschka when they see Grace, or is it just me? Or am I too old and no one else knows that name (I was a little girl then, but was into reading mom's Vogues).
    Grace is so tall! She really stands out on the runway, not to mention that red hair. She's my favorite. I don't think they're as good as last year either.

Photos of Veruschka (the 1960s Russian model, 6 ft tall redhead), Grace reminds me of her. And a link to an article - she was in the movie Blow Up.

http://www.filmsinreview.com/Feature...vid_mar_03.htm

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    there are different types of models. Can't you agree not to go to a naked shoot or nasty langerie shoot. Naked is something else, isn't it? This isn't playboy.

I'm pro-model, and I support the one who said no. And, I say to the designer learn how to make clothes that don't show the naughty parts.
    What about Victoria's Secret and Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition? I thought models aspired to reach those goals. Those usually require the model to show skin, even going naked to wear a painted on swimsuit.

+ Reply to Thread