+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Models: Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by prepmarc View Post
    I don't think any model will get a spread. remember julia didn't get a spread.
    Whatdya mean? I saw photographs of Julia wearing Jay's clothes in a magazine, presumably Elle...

aga
    FORTified
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    Whatdya mean? I saw photographs of Julia wearing Jay's clothes in a magazine, presumably Elle...
    I guess it depends on your definition of spread. Is a spread a smallish picture or two on a single page? Or is it stylized photos over multiple pages?
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I thought it was at least two pages, but I didn't look at it particularly closely. I certainly wouldn't have expected a large "spread", not even the size of one of those multi-page advertisements one sometimes sees, we're not talking a supermodel wearing Givenchy, we're talking a reality show winner. I'm sure Julia wasn't expecting some fantastic four or five page pages worth of pictures, and in any event, I'm sure any of those models would have been happy with just getting ONE picture in Elle, that's quite a coup in and of itself.

I thought it was two pages. I was a little disappointed it wasn't bigger because I loved Jay's finished line.

I came in here to post a little tidbit. I've done the interview with Andrae and I'm working on the transcription, but he had something interesting to say about his model. It sounds like the exposure on this show has done wonderful things for her.

I hate to be such a tease but I'll leave the rest for the interview.

aga
    FORTified
    It may have been two pages which makes sense, because IIRC there was a picture of Julia in the ruffle dress and the jeans outfit, a picture of Jay and the article itself.

When I think of the publishing business, allotting several pages for an unknown designer (or model a la ANTM) is quite a committment. On the other hand, Project Runway (and ANTM), hype the hell out of the Elle spread and by extension Elle Magazine itself, so it is not out of whack to have high expectations when you hear week after week that there will be a spread in Elle magazine. If it was labeled as the designer will be profiled in Elle magazine, my expectations would be closer to what was actually published.
    Last edited by aga; 02-05-2006 at 06:04 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

hepcat: Oooh, I can't wait to read it!!!! I missed Andrae on Today, and I was so ticked at myself! I was even up early enough to have watched it. I just never watch Today though and to set it on a TiVo season pass would make half my other shows vanish quickly, as it's like 3 hrs long! I wish TiVo let us record by segments! They seem to put the PR people toward the last segment.

I did see Zulander's Today appearance though, and that just cemented my opinion of her

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    [B]hepcat[/BI just never watch Today though and to set it on a TiVo season pass would make half my other shows vanish quickly, as it's like 3 hrs long! I wish TiVo let us record by segments! They seem to put the PR people toward the last segment
    Just set a manual recording for a half hour or forty five minutes.

And hepcat, you *are* a tease, but we love ya!

FORT Newbie

Tarah - the dreamgirl

Is it just me or is she just the most gorgeous girl? Has anyone heard anything else about her? I would love an update on her. I miss her on the show, I cried when she left.
    Last edited by suncat7; 02-05-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    Reality Sleuth:

spicy1 no it's not just you. We were all bummed to see her go.

I think it was in one of Nick's interviews, that I read that Tarah has a Maybelline contract now! She really was gorgeous... too bad Zulander doomed her

ClosetFan - guess I'll have to go to TiVo's website to see how to pre-set a manual recording based on time only. I know how to do it 'live' but y'know. Well the whole thing is, if I can't set a Season Pass or for just one episode, I will likely miss it, I'm just too forgetful! Which is just partly why I love mah TiVo

I mean, I was up that day and all. I could've set it to tape, but, it's in the other room - hubby doesn't like the living room Tv on unless he's watching it - so I just forgot. I guess I need to go and pre set Today for every Thursday for a while.

FORT Newbie
    How about Rebecca? She's a stunner too. Any news on her career?
    Reality Sleuth:

+ Reply to Thread