+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 201

Thread: The Models: Season 2

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey TunaFests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,858
    well racheal did try out for the 4th season of America's Next Top Model so i don't think she's been modeling for too long so there is time to grow

  2. #112
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests View Post
    well racheal did try out for the 4th season of America's Next Top Model so i don't think she's been modeling for too long so there is time to grow
    At the time she was on ANTM 3 tryouts, she had already been on the cover of Seventeen magazine. Its not Elle, but its not too shabby either. I suspect she's just a late bloomer who needed to get out of her rebel mode (she had blonde hair with a streak of black in the middle on the ANTM tryouts), tone up, and find the look that looks the best for her. Tyra suggested dyeing her hair red, and maybe she should. Not fire engine red like Tyra's was, perhaps, but a nice strawberry blonde, or more toned down red...

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,245
    Or a nice dark golden blonde. That would look pretty on her and contrast better with her pale skin.

  4. #114
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    714
    As far as the models go, Rebecca is (to quoth Tyra) FIERCE! I loved the way she worked that orchid dress of Daniel V.'s.

  5. #115
    FORT Regular SnowLeop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    83

    Question re: Tara's status -- Can Nick get her back?

    Next Project Runway, Dan V. will have to choose between Rebecca (his current model) and Tara. Once he chooses Rebecca (which I believe he will do), I think Tara goes bye-bye and no one else can claim her. At least, I've noticed this is what they have done in the past with the losing designer's model. I don't think Nick stand up and say, "Hey, can I exchange Rachael for her?" and even if he could he seems to polite to do that.

    It's sad because I think Tara is one of the better models and she really didn't deserve this turn of events.

  6. #116
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeop View Post
    Next Project Runway, Dan V. will have to choose between Rebecca (his current model) and Tara. Once he chooses Rebecca (which I believe he will do), I think Tara goes bye-bye and no one else can claim her. At least, I've noticed this is what they have done in the past with the losing designer's model. I don't think Nick stand up and say, "Hey, can I exchange Rachael for her?" and even if he could he seems to polite to do that.

    It's sad because I think Tara is one of the better models and she really didn't deserve this turn of events.
    Yeah, unless the PR producers have some rule we don't know about (since nobody has switched models before, just like immunity hasn't come up this season, we don't know all the rules *for sure*), Tarah's toast. Personally, I do suspect there has been a minor amount of manipulation, for example, in the lingerie challenge they told the designers an entire team could be eliminated, but they didn't, then when they were again teamed up in twos and made their selections, Tim says nothing about the whole losing team being eliminated, he leaves the room, comes back and drops the bombshell. My assumption is that he went to confer with the producers, tell them that the teams had sorted themselves out such that they could do a double elimination without necessarily risking the elimination of a contender who was saddled with a bad seed, at which point they decided to go forward with team eliminations.

    But unless they're very creative, or the final three get to decide who their "girl" is, I can't see how they can save Tarah at this point from her undeserved fate.

  7. #117
    FORT Fanatic pleightx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    417
    They knew from the start that they hade four more contestants than last year. So there's a little more leeway with the auffing. So with that in mind, I think they knew that they could auf two or three at a time, if needed. As long as they had enough contestants at the end.

    It actually made sense that two were eliminated in the BR challenge because they were BOTH responsible for the design and execution. The same can't be said for the lingerie challenge where two designers had to work "under" that one chosen designer. But then, if Kara was being a total bitch at panel and cut Daniel F. down, more than likely they would have sent two home that day.

  8. #118
    nothing but...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    Personally, I do suspect there has been a minor amount of manipulation, for example, in the lingerie challenge they told the designers an entire team could be eliminated, but they didn't, then when they were again teamed up in twos and made their selections, Tim says nothing about the whole losing team being eliminated, he leaves the room, comes back and drops the bombshell.
    I didn't remember Tim telling them the whole team would be eliminated in the Team Challenge. Maybe I just missed that part.

    And I think planning so they wouldn't lose anyone important. Because if you remember Nick and Santino were on the runway. And I truly believe the only reason Santino and Nick stayed was because they didn't want to lose Nick.

    I think they have planned these challenges way in advance, and are aware how many people they are going to eliminate in each challenge, because they have to make a certain number of episodes to fit into a television series season. So when they start with a certain number of people, they say, well we have to get rid of this many people within this many episodes.

    Anyway, the Lingerie episode should have just been one designer gone, and the BR challenge should have been both, because of the reasons already stated. Unfortunately, I don't think they are going to pull out any stops to give Nick his model back, unless somehow Daniel defers his option of choosing a new model to Nick.

  9. #119
    Picture Perfect SnowflakeGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the Limelight
    Posts
    7,348
    Everybody, please remember ALL discussion of PR is relegated to the show discussion thread until 2am Eastern--yes, even about the models. Please stop spoiling for West Coast/Mountain time viewers.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

  10. #120
    nothing but...
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by PRfanatic View Post
    I didn't remember Tim telling them the whole team would be eliminated in the Team Challenge. Maybe I just missed that part.
    I have to correct this. After watching the re-air yesterday I listened specifically and Heidi said at the beginning, because this is a group challenge when we get to the runway we could eliminate one person or a whole team. So they did mention it but left it ambigious to allow room for interpretation.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.