+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heidi Klum Dishes About the New Season of 'Project Runway'

Heidi Klum Dishes About the New Season of 'Project Runway'

Good interview with Heidi. She has some interesting things to say about the new season, and even though she says she doesn't mean to "knock" Wendy for being a crap designer, she really does.

Dec. 6 -- Supermodel Heidi Klum returns as the hostess with the mostess for season two of the Emmy-nominated 'Project Runway.' Sixteen designers square off in weekly design challenges all leading up to the finale at New York Fashion Week. The winning designer will pocket $100,000, drive home in a 2007 Saturn SkyRoadster and see their designs in ELLE magazine.

Klum recently chatted with the press, including AOL Television editor Sean Doorly, about season two twists, husband Seal's diaper-changing skills and wearing a $10 million bra.

What's in store for this season?
    We have 16 designers this time instead of 12 designers, and again they come from all over America. I have to say, the second time around, it is much easier to get a lot of people to participate. When you're a new show and you have not shown success yet, it's hard to get people on board. Especially in the fashion industry, because people are a little bit snobby and worried that they won't be cool anymore. It is quite dangerous to go into reality. Luckily, we did have a very successful show and it is very cool and hip. So the second time around, you will see many big names in the fashion industry. Again, we have Michael Kors, we have Nina Garcia from Elle magazine and Tim Gunn will again be there.

Will we see more larger-than-life personalities this season than we did on the last one if that's possible?
    All I have to say is it's not about the personalities of our contestants. It's about their skills. Really, it's about how good of a designer they are. We have 16 designers on the show and they are all different people. Of course, some are more flamboyant and some are quiet. We didn't cast these designers as actors. They are real people and they are talented people. That's what our show is about. And I think that's why it was nominated for an Emmy this year.

Are you in touch with any of the previous contestants, like Wendy Pepper?
    Not so much with Wendy. It would not really be my taste of what I would wear -- not knocking the designer that she is. A lot of people like the designs that she does. I've worn a bunch of jeans that Jay has made. Austin made my Halloween costume last year.

What quality do you think makes a winning designer on your show?
    It's not just winning on the show. You have to show, afterwards, that you can make it in the world. We're really just a bouncing board to put them on the map. On our show, we look for people who are talented, who have new ideas, who are creative and who can work under pressure. Sometimes they have to work together in teams and they hate the other person. It's what happens in real life. They don't just sit there, scribble and draw the things themselves. They have a team around them, so they have to learn all of that that goes with being a designer.

What did you learn as a host last year that helped you out this time?
    It was the first time for me and it was a first time for everybody. It was the first time there was a show like this, so we were all learning as we were doing the show. It's not like it was in some other country and we just bought the show. Second time around, it goes much easier because we know how to produce the show. First time around, we were sometimes at it until like two or three o' clock in the morning, and then we had to do interviews with the people so we all got a little loopy after a while.

It's rare for a reality show loser to try and come back again to compete. Is Daniel Franco a glutton for punishment?
    Everyone deserves a second chance. He was a great guy. We always thought he was a great designer. Unfortunately, things go challenge by challenge. When he had to leave the first season around, that challenge was something that he wasn't particularly good at. That's the way our rules go. He was very courageous about wanting to come back and try it again.
    I only copied the parts relating to Project Runway, for the full article visit here:
    http://television.aol.com/news/tv_ta...ity_interviews
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

All I have to say is it's not about the personalities of our contestants. It's about their skills.
    I love this. I sincerely hope they kept to this concept.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Me too, Hep, though I really don't think they would have had Daniel Franco back if it weren't for his memorable personality. And of course, there is the incident of the Wendy Pepper Anomaly. Only time will tell.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Austin

I want to know what Halloween costume Austin designed for Heidi (a picture would be even better). Anyone have any idea??

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Good interview with Heidi. She has some interesting things to say about the new season, and even though she says she doesn't mean to "knock" Wendy for being a crap designer, she really does.
    OK, Heidi was a lot nicer than that.

Are you in touch with any of the previous contestants, like Wendy Pepper?
    Not so much with Wendy. It would not really be my taste of what I would wear -- not knocking the designer that she is.
    Heehee, I love that - very tactful. Heidi doesn't miss a thing - so much for the cliche of the dim model. I pretty much agree with her on the show too. But I get the feeling she really did not like Wendy or her designs. I thought Wendy's clothes were OK in her runway show but couldn't imagine actually wearing any. Well, I could probably say the same of most of Kara Saun's but I can see starlets buying her stuff.

I've worn a bunch of jeans that Jay has made.
    His jeans would probably be really fun. Wonder if everything he makes has circles on it though??

Austin made my Halloween costume last year.
    A great idea. Again she figured out what to do with people... Austin would be great at costumes I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    I want to know what Halloween costume Austin designed for Heidi (a picture would be even better). Anyone have any idea??
    Well I looked and looked, but I couldn't find it. It was basically a red and black ensemble with a skeleton superimposed to the back of it. It wasn't very exciting to me, kind of a pastiche of halloween imagery scrapped together over Heidi's body.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26 View Post
    I believe this is the costume, although you can't see much of it in this picture, you can an idea of what it looked like:
    http://snipurl.com/krka

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK, Heidi was a lot nicer than that.
    Subtext, darling, subtext.

I believe this is the costume, although you can't see much of it in this picture, you can an idea of what it looked like:
    http://snipurl.com/krka
    Oof! Why make such a beautiful woman look so awful? Maybe that was part of the fun for her?

+ Reply to Thread