+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marla Duran - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I like Marla too. But between her and Kara not knowing how to thread or drape... um, how did they get where they are? And when they knew they won a chance to be on the show, why not brush up a bit?? Ask someone how to use an industrial sewing machine. Anything.
    I know she's not going to win but I just hope she lasts for at least a couple more challenges. So that she can leave the show feeling good about her participation and proud of herself. In a reality tv world filled with prima donnas she is a gem.

I really want to cheer for Marla because she's actually from my area of Pennsylvania. So a little pride for the hometown person but I have not liked any of her designs so far.

I like her too.... And I think she will be around a while longer. I do wish she'd taken time to brush up on practical skills, as this is a game show as much as anything else. And maybe stretch a bit more, I'm not sure so far she's been doing her best. Did she really think about My Scene Barbie, etc. (that rerun was just on). She is a breath of fresh air though, I agree. No attitude or nastiness at all. Most people would've shouted some sense into that model by now... (not saying it's right - but definitely understandable )..

How this woman continues to stay in the competition is beyond me. Granted, Guadalupe's Nicky Hilton dress was a total disaster, but Marla's was a rip-off of the Chloe dress that Nicky already owns! I look for Marla to make her exit soon.

FORT Fan
    What I don't understand is, how did she ended up on the show in the first place? Of all the designers that have auditioned, they are all worse than Marla?

Nothing against the woman, she seems like a very nice person -- but between the lack of creativities and sewing skills, I am baffled how she's made it into the final group.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    What I don't understand is, how did she ended up on the show in the first place? Of all the designers that have auditioned, they are all worse than Marla?

Nothing against the woman, she seems like a very nice person -- but between the lack of creativities and sewing skills, I am baffled how she's made it into the final group.
    I honestly think the judges still feel she has something interesting. It may have been her portfolio; or maybe she does better with a lot of time, and the pieces she audtioned with truly blew them away. Marla's got something, I can see it too. But she has not come into her own yet, and she needs to shrug off the inferiority complex before she can.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Also the show definitely casts characters as Jay might refer to it... Each is a type. Among the over-45 self taught women/wives/mothers not from a large city... Marla may have been the best they found. They're casting for entertainment and drama as much as for skill or talent, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123