+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marla Duran - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    i think she looked surprised that she was moving on to the next round... I think i saw her say "oh my god" once.
    Yeah, she was the one who said she didn't need anything spectacular, just something good enough to keep her in. She seems really sweet, so it's sad to see a lack of confidence. I hope she pulls it through.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey
    From what they have shown I don't know if she has the technical training to make it to the Final 3 but I will be pulling for her each week to continue. She is nothing like Wendy Pepper. I like Marla.

I like Marla too. But between her and Kara not knowing how to thread or drape... um, how did they get where they are? And when they knew they won a chance to be on the show, why not brush up a bit?? Ask someone how to use an industrial sewing machine. Anything.

Her design for the Barbie was puzzling. It looked like something Joan Crawford would have worn while playing a hooker. In her forties and in the forties. Not a 'hip' teen Barbie.

This woman has no business being on this show right now. She needs to go take a class and learn some basic sewing/draping skills then maybe she won't be a big, old waste of time. Otherwise, she just taking up space that could have been filled with someone who's actually ready to compete.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I really hated her initial dress. I think it got overlooked in the crowd but should have been axed that night.

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I thought it was awful, too, Hep.

Back me up, brother! I mean, there's a loin cloth over the skirt? And the trim that looks like a kid trying to draw lace and settling for half circles? The collar is not well done, not holding it's shape and yet not in a way that it's deconstructed on purpose. A court jester's bolo tie, uneven rags on the wrists (seems to be a theme with Marla) and I don't think the color is what she was going for, since it's uneven. And gross.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I didn't mind it so much... I think some women would wear it... But once I saw Marla (in the Barbie ep) totally guessing where to put pieces of her dress, and actually draping things on the puzzled model (whose expression vacillated nicely between bewilderment and fear) and ask the MODEL where to put the fabric etc. -

Then I realised she really is taking shots in the dark so to speak. Why not just put on a blindfold and fling pieces of fabric at the dress form? She seems like a nice lady though.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I didn't mind it so much... I think some women would wear it... But once I saw Marla (in the Barbie ep) totally guessing where to put pieces of her dress, and actually draping things on the puzzled model (whose expression vacillated nicely between bewilderment and fear) and ask the MODEL where to put the fabric etc. - Then I realised she really is taking shots in the dark so to speak. Why not just put on a blindfold and fling pieces of fabric at the dress form? She seems like a nice lady though.
    I think she is very intimidated right now. The group project might be a good thing for her right now. She can give input and not carry the whole thing herself.

Yes maybe if she calms down she can focus better. Is there a way to see her portfolio?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast