+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Zulema Griffin - Season 2

I personally didn't think Zulema did a bad thing by switching models. It was allowed and she did it. Plain and simple.

I don't agree or understand all the petty nastiness toward her. She had a bit of attitude, but no way did she have the whiny sneakiness of Wendy or the cruel prickness of Santino.

This season I had no personal favorite. I wanted to see a woman, or two, in the finals.

Nick and Tim were ruder about the model than she was. Tim's comments were particularly cruel.

Who did you think was petty? I hope, not us. We're reacting to some comments she made. I think her handling of the model situation was unnecessarily cruel. A walkoff? And saying she's not concerned about Nick isn't gonna win her many fans. And, allowable doesn't mean preferable or fair.

Or how about the way she hoarded all the muslin throughout the show for herself (hid it under her work desk)? If that isn't tricky what is. Tim Gunn said (in a recent interview) he not only was glad to see Zulema go he'd have called the car service for her exit himself.

I do agree Tim should not have said those things about Rachael on camera. If he had to say them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    For being ill-bred and a heifer, she's done pretty good for herself. Vogue and runways galore means she is neither ill-bread, nor a heifer. I liked her, and I think she has an aesthetic that some people will respond to. This is the new direction that her life is taken after being a runway goddess.
    One can be ill-bred and a heifer and still be successful, they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, although ill-mannered or mentally ill are probably more appropros descriptors. Naomi Campbell is an ill-mannered albeit good looking heifer, successful indeed, but still an unstable heifer.

I sensed a vulnerability about her underneath the tough exterior. She's a good woman, and a good designer. I hope she continues to fight the good fight. Z, you have several people including me in your corner.
    Clearly, one man's vulnerability is another man's sociopathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Who did you think was petty? I hope, not us. We're reacting to some comments she made. I think her handling of the model situation was unnecessarily cruel. .

They are all on tv, so they all invite criticism. Just remember that all comments come from love, and that it's okay to have an opinion good or bad. It's all in good fun.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

That's what I'm saying too Weinie; I was just confused who you meant was being petty, us or them.

FORT Regular
    Sasha Cohen isn't going to wear Zulema's outfit afterall:
    http://www.news-press.net/serendipit...,-TV-star.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789