+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Santino Rice - Season 2

Santino Rice - Season 2

Home town: Los Angeles, CA.
    Education: F.I.D.M.

From the official site:
    Santino Quinto Rice was born and raised in St. Charles, Missouri. At 17, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of becoming a fashion designer. Santino graduated from The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. School helped him organize his thoughts; however the hands-on experience he gained from working in the fashion industry was his move valuable education. While still in school, Santino began assisting acclaimed artist/designer Tony Duquette. This experience was one of the biggest turning points in Santino’s life. The knowledge he learned from Duquette was invaluable.

With a love for the process of making things, Santino was adamant on learning everything he could about dressmaking. Santino became skilled at all the technical aspects of garment construction. When designer positions were not available, Santino could easily keep afloat financially by taking other positions such as “cutter” or assistant designer, due to his knowledge and experience. Working behind the scenes at many Los Angeles fashion companies, Santino became indispensable to other designers. He continues honing his craft to prepare for the day when he establishes his own label.

Santino is constantly looking for something he has never seen before. Known for bringing an exotic and handcrafted touch to his garments, Santino believes in the concept of infusing worth and importance to a garment, he does this through handwork and various finishing techniques.

No picture?

Sadly not.
    The thumbnail of Santino actually linked to a pic of Tim Gunn
    I'll keep checking to see if the official site updates though so we can get a Santino pic

Without a picture, it's hard to assess his potential. But I like his background working behind-the-scenes. Some times that's where the true talent is.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    isn't he the one in the commercial who leaves the catwalk in a huff of a hissy fit? perhaps he just plain quits and didn't gives rights to his image on the site.

[QUOTE=TymeMarteen]isn't he the one in the commercial who leaves the catwalk in a huff of a hissy fit? perhaps he just plain quits and didn't gives rights to his image on the site.[/QUOTE

No, that's Andrae.

Absent picture notwithstanding, he seems a little bland.

you can see his photo at the official site, he looks a bit creepy in my opinion.
    Last edited by John; 11-25-2005 at 06:55 PM.

FORT Newbie

Santino Rice has a site up

it looks like santino rice of project runway 2 has his own site up... not much there now except a bio and a few pictures:

http://santinorice.com/

I dig the Shriner's fez.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast