+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Santino Rice - Season 2

Ok. I hate him. Why was he unabashedly sniggling and giggling while Andrae was breaking down. Jerk!

And again, I didn't care for his design. The skirt was nice, but I didn't care for anything that was going on up top. Jerk.

FORT Newbie
    Just watched episode 2 again - and as someone mentioned earlier - that is a voice over - he did not say they just didn't want to give it to me two times - as he walked into the room in front of Chloe - they are using editing to create some of this ego people are talking about - besides which - I bet a lot of people were sitting at home thinking they wouldn't want to give it to him twice in a row - the judges did say he was the obvious choice

Also, he was the first and only one they showed hugging the "out" designers on episode one - I don't think he is the ass they want to make him

At any rate he is good - very good - much more of a standout than anyone else - so far

Thought Chloe's dress was awful -

FORT Newbie
    as for the "snickering and sneering" - come on seriously. he held his composure quite well considering i was laughing my ass off at home watching that freak break down. that guy was being ridiculous - admit it - you were laughing at him too.

I actually wasn't laughing at Andrae. I felt sorry for him, and because I know he looked crazy I felt embarrassed for him, but I surely wouldn't have been laughing like that. I think that was extremely rude.

H2O
    He seems like Kara Saun as far as design ability and confidence. He doesn't appear to be a warm individual but that's not why he's there. I felt the sobbing contestant was a bit theatrical too.

He's good and he's cocky but that makes good TV.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by pearbobber View Post
    ok the comment was a bit catty but i went back and watched that part again and its a voice over as he's walking into the room. they took that audio from somewhere else perhaps a private interview at a different time.

if you look closely in the brief party scenes, you'll see him running around laughing with the contestants and having a good time.

also notice at the end of the first runway - he was the first to give sincere hugs to the "out" people.

i think the editors are playing with the santino situation a little bit here - sure he's cocky and i like that about him - he's confident and he's talented - there should be no shame in that.

Thanks for sharing that key information. It does make a difference in my opinion of him. Everyone is allowed to be caddy in private/confessional if they feel, it makes for an honest portrayel. However, dubbing it into that scene was mean, dramatic, and typical of Reality show editors. I want to be mad, but it does make for good TV. He is still very egotistical and full of himself, but so far he has the talent to back it up. Who knows, maybe Nina is in the wrong when she says something to bother him, and he's right to tell her off. Just don't see it being good for him in the long run either way with Nina.

I would also agree with Kocky_Kamikaze that he is not this season's Wendy Pepper. His description of his own work incorporating "old world and third world techniques" made me think a lot of Jay from last season when his designs tended to incorporate a lot of quilted/knitted old fashioned styles into his modern designs.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only straight male in America who watches this show--and, admittedly, I might not understand some of the intricacies of women's fashion...

...but I agree with MotherSister and, evidently, I disagree with the entire rest of the world...in saying that I didn't like Santino's green baby-doll dress at all.

Where the hell is that waistline? Is that an Empire Waistline (a term I only learned because I once asked "Oh my God, how could they make Kate Winslet look so awful in those dresses from 'Sense & Sensibility' and was told that no one looks good in an Empire Waisted dress)? Well, NO ONE LOOKS GOOD IN AN EMPIRE WAISTED DRESS!!!

And admittedly, this model has no bust to speak of...but say she did? What the hell would she look like in this dress?

Yes, the detail work is all very nice...but you can chrome the hell out of a Yugo...IT'S STILL GOING TO BE A YUGO!

As far as his attitude goes, from what I've seen...that seems to be par for the course in fashion...and since everyone else in the entire world seems to love what he does, perhaps he is to be afforded some arrogance. ("It ain't braggin' if you can back it up" seems to be the straight-male phrase that best fits this.)

I'd rather hang with a Santino than a Zulema...so far, at least.

pg--As always, uncertain as to why he's watching yet another reality show on Bravo that he can't really relate to--seattle
    Last edited by pg13; 12-10-2005 at 07:07 AM.

i agree in that his voice is just creepy and i want him to shut up immediately. it's so gravely that i just shudder when he talks. otherwise ok designs; not crazy about the baby doll dress, maybe it was just the color more than anything but you could tell he spent a lot of time on it. as far as his second design.. i hated everything about it.. mostly the skirt. i just didn't like that part at all.

I like his designs, but Im not sure I like him, I can't figure out if he's gay or straight, not that it really matters though.

+ Reply to Thread