+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raymundo Baltazar - Season 2

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    He doesn't move me either...

And yeah, that's a dumb name for a clothing line, unless you're only marketing to young, extremely extoverted, effiminate gay men.
    well I think Young Balls is a play on words, as his last names is Baltazar, I think it was his way of evoking shock and paying homage to his name.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen View Post
    well I think Young Balls is a play on words, as his last names is Baltazar, I think it was his way of evoking shock and paying homage to his name.
    Reminds me of Rocky Mountain oysters, personally.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen View Post
    Hmmmm...

I can fully understand where you're coming from...

yet...

I have a feelings that's not what he had in mind...
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Don't think I'd ever buy an item of apparel with the word "balls" in it. Not even if I had any. He has a great name, he should've used that. Although somehow he brings to mind a gay superhero (not that there's anything wrong with that).

So far he's not standing out, but it's early yet.

I'm actually bummed he got the boot Yeah the dress was not great... but I loved the idea he was at least shooting for. I agree with him totally that little girls should not be dressing as grown up as they are, and that the dolls should not be encouraging them to. Had he simply left the jacket away he would have stayed. That orange poofball nonsence just had no exscuse.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I feel exactly the same way you do, ClosetNerd! I feel bad he's gone, because, personally, I liked him and the spunk (no pun intended) he brought to the competition. I also agreed with his idea about how girls should dress--I hate going to the stores and seeing all these hoochie Bratz clothes in the kids' department (though sometimes I wear things I buy in the girls dept, because they're cheaper but hey at least I'm of age!).

Too bad the design turned out so butt ugly. I'd have liked to see him get another chance though, especially over that lady who doesn't know how to do anything.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

While admirable, if hired by a client, lecturing them against their product line isn't gonna win a designer many points. He had a challenge: to design for the My Scene Barbie, not become a conscientious objector. He disagreed with the product I guess, but he didn't manage to do it in a way that worked.

It also didn't wash because what he made was not a little-girl dress (that's what Kara made) but a matronly horror.

You're right, Brandy, I didn't think about that point. What the client wants is law, and even if he wanted to do a revisionist take on their aesthetic, there are savvier (and more attractive) ways to do it.

Good luck with "Young Balls," Raymundo! I must be the only person who actually likes that name, I would love to wear it on a logo tee.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    i love him so much
    but i hv to say the design is reli bad this time as it looks too old...
    unfortunately he didn't given another chance.....

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Good luck with "Young Balls," Raymundo! I must be the only person who actually likes that name, I would love to wear it on a logo tee.
    Dude, me too! Or on a really cool messanger bag. And buttons! I would so wear a Young Balls button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast