+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kara Janx - Season 2

That was a funny quote - leave it to Kara! Funny she didn't mangle the metaphor on that one.

I was very impressed by the way she wove that raffia.

Why does that sound naughty??

FORT Regular
    I have to admit, I have not been a fan of hers AT ALL as far as her designs go, but last night, she blew me away and gained at least one fan from me!!

She did a GREAT job on her flower dress. I am still trying to figure out how she made that raffia-woven bustier back. Even just braiding all that so finely takes a lot of skill.

I loved her Nicky Hilton dress, too. She may have 'blown' that win with her "us small girls" comment to Nicky. Lol. Nicky liked Santino's comment about her eye color a lot better. Although I did think Santino's dress suited Nicky best.

aga
    FORTified
    Kara's Website:
    http://www.karajanx.com/store/home.php

I am surprised that she has so many bikinis and underwear. Wasn't she labeled a womenswear designer in the PR2 premiere? Wasn't Kristin the bikini designer? Her womenswear page is the sketchiest.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Unless she is one of the final four - the contestants showing at fashion week plus the decoy and she yanked designs that she plans to show / modify.

I have been in the minority and have liked Kara's PR designs, but I am ambivalent about the designs on her website. The FDNY bikini is tacky. Is that Eden in the Fantasy bikini? Apparently she uses the No Tresspassing theme in her underwear collection.
    Last edited by aga; 02-05-2006 at 10:07 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

I think you might be onto something, aga. There is hardly anything in her women's wear section. (Maybe she did pull or not post much of it as she has to use it in NY?) Of that section I do like her sundress; I'd have so ordered both those (blue & pink) in my younger fitter days I didn't care for her other clothes but having already worn 80s fashions in the 1980s without much enthusiasm maybe that's why. I don't get the fascination 20somethings today have with that 'stuff'.

I loved her menswear stuff... cute T shirts. Her undies were OK, her bikinis were cute/funny. Why is my gaydar pinging off on her so strongly, lately? N E way...

This shirt reminded me so much of the one Santino's wearing in next week's makeover episode (according to the preview clips). Maybe Kara designed Santino's outfit. Maybe they had to design for each other, since Santino's making Kara over that might be so.

Instead of making twee 1980s fashions for young women I think her true style might be something a little more urban and 'funky' or punky. When she tries to do ready to wear (women's fashions anyway) it's a bit dull. Give her something weird to do and she's home

Anyone's gaydar pinging re: Kara?

I'm just sayin'.

nothing but...
    ha ha. thanks to Nina for saying, what would make me think you wouldn't having it a boring fashion week show. guess she tried to prove you wrong on that one.

Lol. That's exactly what I thought, PR_Fanatic. Also since some critics pegged Kara as the (Olympus) fashion show winner - she must be having a laugh, right about now.

I do wish Kara would've used some of her personality in her designs on the show, though - even she admitted she hadn't. "From now on I won't be boring" - ha.

Did you love that little curtsy and kiss she gave the camera, as she turned out her work light?

Did anyone see the jumpsuit for sale in the women's section of Kara's website karajanx.com

nothing but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Did you love that little curtsy and kiss she gave the camera, as she turned out her work light?
    Vintage Kara, and it just made me like her a little bit more. Sure she was boring design-wise on the show, but I am not sure that her show outfits represent her ideas or style at all. Basically I think she has more talent than she showed on PR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast