+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Wade - Season 2

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen View Post
    Big man in a little coat/Big man in a little coat! haha instant Chris Farley flashback lol. He's an early out to me.
    Burn! I called his elimination so well.

Thank heavens! I think his flopsweat was bigger than his tie.

FORT Newbie

John

Can anyone do better than just talking negatively about John's appearance? What about his dress? I totally thought it was cute and funky and can't believe he got cut for his simplicity. It's pretty much one of the few dresses I would wear. I thought Chloe's was way more simple (and boring). She didn't even use color and it made the model look completely saggy. And as for the 8 hours he took, well the whole show is about designing under pressure. If he made that cute dress in 8 hours and it took Kirsten a week to make the totally plain pants and top (oh wait, maybe it took 6 days to dye the pants brown) then I'll have John make my clothes in 8 hours any day. Incidentally, not that appearances matter but if you saw John's post-show interview on Fox Reality he's lost a ton of weight and looks hot (sigh, unfortunately gay).

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    Can anyone do better than just talking negatively about John's appearance? What about his dress? I totally thought it was cute and funky and can't believe he got cut for his simplicity. It's pretty much one of the few dresses I would wear. I thought Chloe's was way more simple (and boring). She didn't even use color and it made the model look completely saggy. And as for the 8 hours he took, well the whole show is about designing under pressure. If he made that cute dress in 8 hours and it took Kirsten a week to make the totally plain pants and top (oh wait, maybe it took 6 days to dye the pants brown) then I'll have John make my clothes in 8 hours any day. Incidentally, not that appearances matter but if you saw John's post-show interview on Fox Reality he's lost a ton of weight and looks hot (sigh, unfortunately gay).
    i agree w/ you it is a bit trashy to dog his apperance.

Quote Originally Posted by verde View Post
    John's weight isn't an issue for me, but his picture on this thread is a big fit problem.

As far as the show goes, he had a full week to make something. Not 8 hours... a week. On the show, there might be more intense deadlines, but they were given a week to do something so they could really show who they were really all about. Looking at John's design for the show, then learning he only took 8 hours to do it, tells you one of two things about him: 1) He is cocky and he thought he didn't need to put more than 8 hours in; 2) his tastes are too simple and basic to warrant competition against other high-fashion wannabes. Either way, he didn't make a very good impression on the judges.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

yeah, I dont think he took this thing very seriously. Though, i did like some of the pictures of his designs they showed in the first episode. Especially the slightly poufy polkadot skirt with the netting underneath. My kinda style.

I wasn't saying a thing about his looks. I try not to say anything about things the person cannot control... but he can control which tie he chooses, especially since he is in the fashion industry! And he can control to some extent at least, his mannerisms or attitude, he seemed too nervous to me (flopsweat).

Yet along with that went arrogance, "It doesn't always take 8 hours." What doesn't? An A-line tie dye dress? Or a chance to change your life by doing your best and taking more time with it?

I agreed with Michael Kors about that dress... it was oooogly. Is that better??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12