+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Standridge - Season 2

Heidi Standridge - Season 2

Home town: Atlanta, GA.
    Education; Savannah College of Art and Design

From the official site:
    Heidi Standridge, a native of Sardis, Alabama, grew up with big aspirations in a tiny town. Despite little exposure to fashion, she began drawing and designing clothes as a young child, often creating innovative pieces from her family’s discarded clothing.

During high school Heidi advanced her sewing skills in her home economics class and vowed to save her own money for purchasing her own machine. A gifted athlete, she went on to attend Central Alabama Community College on a softball scholarship, often sketching and creating pieces for her teammates. After graduation, Heidi knew she had to follow her dreams of designing, so she enrolled in the Savannah College of Art and Design. There she met an amazing mentor and friend, Carol Harris, who taught Heidi about sewing, draping, pattern drafting, illustrating, and visual merchandising. Heidi graduated with a B.F.A. in fashion and was rewarded with a job as an assistant designer at Carter’s in Atlanta, Georgia.

Though she designed children’s clothing during the day, Heidi remained faithful to her true passion for women’s wear. Her evenings were often filled with hours of sketching, draping and sewing her latest women’s wear designs. By continuing to work on her own line in the evening, she was able to open her own boutique. Heidi has since also shown her work in two fashion shows. The first show, “Art in Motion,” raised money for needy families in her hometown and the second show debuted in April 2005 and highlighted her fall collection.

If her outfit is any sort of indication of her work, I'm not impressed...

I like the fabric she chose, but she also gives me the Wendy Pepper vibes; small town boutique, local shows, making clothes for children. I'm just sort of "meh" about her.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I like the fabric she chose, but she also gives me the Wendy Pepper vibes; small town boutique, local shows, making clothes for children. I'm just sort of "meh" about her.
    I was thinking the same thing as soon as they mentioned Podunkville.

Ooh but she looks annoying. Her charity work implies that she has a good heart though. I don't know what to think yet; I'll have to see her in action.

she seems the "bouncey perky" type to me. Like a whole "c'mon y'all! Let's make sumthin purdi outa this here garbage" uber perkiness.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    She looks WAY older than 25.

How unfortunate for her.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats View Post
    She looks WAY older than 25.

How unfortunate for her.
    I bet she's like Deana from Tommy Hilfiger's The Cut, old and cheap looking.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    You know what. She was a lot of fun. I regret my negative snarky comments. For realsies. She was fun, and joyful on the runway after she got eliminated. Awww.

Her design wasn't the greatest though, but she as a person was adorable and refreshing.

Nice person. Boring "design".
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast