+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Emmett McCarthy - Season 2

I am pretty sure Sasha has worn that "gypsy" outfit before, too. And what was with her facial expression at the start of that skate - she looked demented. She skated well, though. I haven't caught up with TiVo yet to watch when she fell.

Anyway... what I wanted to post about Sasha was - does anyone else notice that her favorite skating position seems to be the "full-on tootie" pose? Leg up over head, and hold it, at least once per skate! I think Emmett's design was just perfect for her. Lol. Actually, it didn't show enough!

Anne Slowey... I just don't 'get' her. It's a skating outfit! Their undies are meant to be shown. And I agree... Emmett's skating costume design was actually pretty sedate. I can see their saying it was old fashioned I guess (although what's to reinvent about a short dress with matching undies?) but not vulgar. Meh.

Emmett seemed happy at the reunion, though. And thinner and blonder. So it ain't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Okay, I'm watching ladies' figure skating at the Olympics right now and with all the tooty skimming li'l skirts I'm seeing, I am angered on Emmett's behalf! No way in all the circles of hell was his final design "vulgar."
    I've been catching up on the figure skating all morning and I came here to post the exact same thing! I'm actually a little hot under the collar when I think about it. They really raked him over the coals about it. Some of the Olympic skaters had a really high cut in the back this time, too. We'll probably be seeing thongs in 2010 at this rate.

Another criticism they had of his skating outfit was that fringe would spin at a different rate or throw them off or something...does anyone else remember that? Well, I'm watching pairs skating and outfit after outfit has that fringe. What a crock!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I noticed fringe in at least two singles skating outfits, too. Why was Anne Slowey even a judge for that challenge? Why not at least a skaters' coach or something, or say, Peggy Fleming??

It came down to what Sasha Cohen thought she'd look cute in - and for Anne Slowey's part, well, your guess is as good as mine!

Has anyone looked at the clothes from Emmett's SXE line? They're very...how do I say this...not what I'd expect from Emmett. Dare I say, they borderline on vulgar?

Actually, I would say they're kitschier than I'd have thought his aesthetic to be. I guess from the way he dresses himself, I expected something more sophisticated.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Too much tootie!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Has anyone looked at the clothes from Emmett's SXE line? They're very...how do I say this...not what I'd expect from Emmett. Dare I say, they borderline on vulgar?

http://216.69.182.87/images/00004210-514962.jpg

http://216.69.182.87/images/00004214-519749.jpg

Actually, I would say they're kitschier than I'd have thought his aesthetic to be. I guess from the way he dresses himself, I expected something more sophisticated.
    What? This came from Emmett? Who know Emmitt had that in him. I kind of like it. Very sexy, hip, and young.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Emmett's a good designer. This was equally a sewing challenge, I think was partly what went wrong. I liked most of his designs though. Well, actually I think, all of them.

He's a bit safe, but he could be coached out of that. I felt he was standing up for his personal taste, and perhaps forgot it was an attention-getting competition along with all the other qualities they looked for. Safe wasn't going to win, pretty wasn't going to win. They wanted bold.

I only wish I could have seen Emmett competing in menswear designs!
    Too bad he was knocked out before the makeover challenge!

I thought that also, ooh-la-la!. It's kind of odd he was in this at all...(but they should've let him shine) also, I would've liked to have seen the entire show more balanced than to only feature women's wear and couture.

How about a children's wear challenge or menswear, etc. And before the end of the show. I'd like to see them mix it up a little, and see what those who are strong in women's wear could do otherwise. See who's a one trick pony.

FORT Newbie

Re: Emmett McCarthy - Season 2

i think he likes chloe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678