+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emmett McCarthy - Season 2

I know! I have a whole imaginary biography swirling around his appearances on the show. He's got a whole backstory going on.

I wonder if it's accurate?

Whatever it is though, he does seem to need a pep talk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    Emmett needs a hug!
    i'll give him a hug! And i remember in the first episode, he actually started designing women's clothing, but then kinda got stuck in designing men's wear.

Let's form the Cheer Up, Emmett club!!

I'll join. I really like Emmett so far. Can't say why, but his character appeals to me. I think he has mucho potential. He does need a little pep, but hopefully he'll come out fighting soon!

I'm listening to Tim Gunn's podcast right now (FINALLY got my Ipod to work... well, sort of) and he's really defending Emmett.

What I don't understand is, why did the judges feel ironclad to the ones who were nominated to leave? Can't they simply choose who they want to leave? Aren't they the judges? Way to get blameless people on the chopping block.

Not that Daniel F was blameless i.e. his waffling - but the designs themselves were better than Santino's nightmares. All the message boards seem to be supporting his designs (and no, Tim, not cos we love a train wreck. We like his designs!). And look at Rate the Runway, on Bravo's website - Santino's designs are dead last, Daniel F's near the top.

I'm glad Emmett didn't have to go but it shouldn't have been up to Santino in the first place.

Brandy, I think the judges could very well have chosen anyone they wanted to leave, but in this case Daniel F. offered himself and they bit. Maybe they agreed with Daniel that he was responsible for the loss and deserved to go; or maybe they thought he was weak to offer himself and decided to eliminate him because he's not tough enough (or maybe that's Trump). But I'm quite sure the judges don't have to totally take the advice of the team leader on who to eliminate; after all, they chided Santino for throwing Emmett under the bus.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

aga
    FORTified
    I wonder if they have a men's wear challenge planned? Emmett is a men's wear designer and Raymundo did menswear as well. Perhaps they will have to use male models that week.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

But I'm quite sure the judges don't have to totally take the advice of the team leader on who to eliminate; after all, they chided Santino for throwing Emmett under the bus.
    No, they don't have to, but they chose to. What I don't understand is why. Why would they penalise someone, this season or last (the woman who said she can't sew well - and later said that isn't even true, she just felt on the spot) for being selfless? As you kind of noted, it's PR, not Apprentice. And in the real design world, they wouldn't be competing so literally as this. So if they're a nice person in real life wouldn't that be a plus to them in a real design scenario?

Tim's Take and podcast says that the judges accepted Daniel and if it were not for that Santino might've been out. I'm only saying, what the contestants say about themselves or other contestants shouldn't matter - their designs should. Some will be selfless and others will use the strategy to try and oust others. I just didn't like the way the contestants were set up to turn on each other, and then it was actually rewarded. IMO. They "chided" Santino but he could care less I'm sure, as he's still in. And a 90 minute meltdown wasn't penalised? And Daniel's gallantry was?

If Daniel had been out because of his lateness or waffling about his ideas, fine; but they just shouldn't have added the torment of them turning on one another. No reason for that. In other words, fine but just leave out the part where Heidi asks them all to oust someone. Contestants = compete, judges = judge. How it should be.

Emmet Avatar

i didnt know if any of you noticed my avatar, but it's Emmet. What can I say... I <3 him... he's purdii. I'm also thinking of doing a Nik one, cus he's my fave. And Santino one.. with devil horns and a flame background. Let me know if any of you want one, or an idea of different ones! I know ANTM has a crapload of avatars, so why not PR (which i like more, just from a creative standpoint)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice avatar ideas, SuperBrat.

Not to change the subject, but yeah -- did anyone notice Emmett's little pot belly? Last episode when he was trying to comfort Santino (why?) I am almost positive I saw a little pooch. I had to do a double-take because the rest of him is so slim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast