+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Emmett McCarthy - Season 2

that is one pretty man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaase View Post
    I like him, i'll be rooting for him.

Does anyone else think that maybe he and Tim Gunn maybe used to date or something? Or am I the only one.
    I can SO see them as a couple! They would definately compliment each other!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

But they are former teacher/student. Might be creepy.

He seems sad a lot of the time and quiet. Emmett, que cosa??

His designs are very pretty and very capable but somehow they lack zing and this is a Tv show/contest. I think the designers who end up working in a specific field - baby wear, bikinis, men's wear, young women's clothing boutique, tailoring for old money matrons - show it in their designs most of the time and it hampers (no pun) them.

A good reminder for any creative person - mix it up or get stuck. A lot of Emmett's designs look like men's shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

A good reminder for any creative person - mix it up or get stuck. A lot of Emmett's designs look like men's shirts.
    Yep.. that's why he's stuck and doesn't seem to have as much going for him as some of the other designers. His menswear background is a hard box to jump.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Personally, I'm not particularly rooting for him. I like designers who I feel are more in tune to people and know what people will want to wear. He just seems kind of obsolete in that area, and that makes me want to vote against him...

Not saying he's in or out...just not one of my favorites...

But they are former teacher/student. Might be creepy.
    Or...HOT!!!

Anyway, I want to like him, but from the episodes I've seen so far, I barely remember anything about him or his designs--other than the Tim Gunn connection. He's just not capturing my attention so far, although I do like his sense of personal style.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Yes, his designs are very 'quiet'. Good for menswear (his sketches of that were plaids, earth tones etc.) but not so much for a fashion runway contest/reality show, maybe.

I thought his designs were very vanilla/bland. I thought his muslin design was worse than the Atlanta woman who got cut. That one would have put him on the chopping block for me. Maybe from years of designing for men's lines.

With Michael Kors and the Fashion Director from Elle, he'll need to spark things up soon or he be "on the line" soon and have some 'splaining to do.

He really did not belong on the chopping block - he didn't design the collection. Granted he didn't seem to understand all of Santino's instructions but bottom line that was Santino's responsibility to convey.

It was cheap of Santino to sell him out BUT then again Heidi set that up, by getting Santino to grumble about Emmet, and Emmet about Santino, and then asking Santino right after that who he'd choose to leave. Survivor Santino is not about to raise his own hand. He's not gonna oust Nick, who he likes. Emmet is more withdrawn, which leaves him vulnerable with his fellow contestants.

Emmet has such pretty eyes, but they're so SAD. Emmet is a gentleman, but he will always work for somebody, he is simply not aggressive. I wish he'd be a little bolder, with the others and with his designs. But this challenge was so not his fault.

Emmet has such pretty eyes, but they're so SAD. Emmet is a gentleman, but he will always work for somebody, he is simply not aggressive. I wish he'd be a little bolder, with the others and with his designs. But this challenge was so not his fault.

You're so right. He does have kind of a sad look in his eyes. I wonder what his real story is. Why is he leaving menswear? Did he just get out of a long-term relationship? Did a member of his family pass away? Emmett needs a hug!
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast