+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Franco - Season 2

Daniel Franco - Season 2

Home town: Los Angeles, CA.
    Education:F.I.D.M.

From the official site:
    Daniel Franco, a native of Los Angeles, California, was born November 11, 1971.

He holds both a bachelor of fine arts degree from Otis College of Art and Design and an associate’s degree in fashion design from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.

In 1995, Franco received critical acclaim when he was voted Best Designer in a nationwide contest for fashion students by The Fashion Group International. He received top honors in both the career and the leisure categories. By 1999 he had broadened his design experience by working in New York City as a fashion forecaster, assisting Richard Tyler and designing for BCBG.

Also in 1999, Franco designed his first clothing line, which was sold exclusively through Saks Fifth Avenue. He took a five-year hiatus from the fashion industry to run his family’s business when his father took ill, but returned to the fashion world as a contestant on the first season of “Project Runway.” His experience on the show inspired him to relaunch the Daniel Franco collection with his first fashion show. His debut was well received by buyers, media and critics alike, which motivated him to return to television for another chance at “Project Runway.”

Daniel Franco is now creating his fall 2006 collection for LA Fashion week in March.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-22-2005 at 03:07 PM.

I must admit I'm glad to see him back. It'll be interesting to see how far he gets this time and if he learned anything from his experience last time...

I hope he leaves his "bliss" at home this time! Last time, he didn't last long enough to tell much about his actual designs.

P.S. I hate his hair. It makes me think of a chicken, I don't know why.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I am honestly not thrilled at all to see him coming back this season. Maybe he can flip my opinions of him around but he really didn't impress me last season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Major snore. He's only there because Tim Gunn felt sorry for him.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    I'm just waiting till he gets on someone's nerves and they ending up fighting. They can use clothing scraps to tie up his jazz hands. Bliss-smiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Suncat7
    I hope he leaves his "bliss" at home this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sew What
    I'm just waiting till he gets on someone's nerves and they ending up fighting. They can use clothing scraps to tie up his jazz hands. Bliss-smiss.

I must say he did seem a little annoying in his one episode last season. And he was more than a little deluded about his garbage bag gown with the "free" butcher paper cloak. It will be interesting to see more of what he's capable of creating.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Much better effort this time around, I still can't bring myself to like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats View Post
    Much better effort this time around, I still can't bring myself to like him though.
    Me neither. Dude needs some serious anxiety medicine. I'll give him a chance, but right on to Nina for calling it out like it is. Does he really deserve this chance? Whateva.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

he'd do great in designing women's career suits. Mind you, that's not taking anything away from him. I can see him being mentored by Karl Lagerfeld in the House of Chanel.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast