+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Franco - Season 2

Is he part Asian?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Regular
    He is so incredibly nervous and panicked, I don't think I could handle being around him at all... lol, good thing I don't think that opportunity will ever arise!

Well I think it takes a lot of guts to try again. I also think the designs he showed the judges were great. I think this is going to be one of the designers I'm going to be rooting for.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Hmmm...

But what would be the difference between him coming back to Project Runway and Bobby Jon and Stephanie from Survivor coming back on Survivor? I'm not trying to bring a show in where it doesn't belong but, a lot of people, I included were not too crazy about those two coming back... however, I think it's cool that Daniel came back. I just want to see what kind of talent he has that he really didn't show off much the first time.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

He's definitely a taylor. His designs look good and well made but he seems to have trouble producing with the time constraints. I'd like to see him continue.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I feel so bad for Daniel; I just want to send him to some Carribean spa so he can chill out. His designs are wonderful this time around. I loved his recycled clothes dress and think he deserved to win for it. But he's just so tense and anxious, poor thing. I hope he calms down and gets some confidence soon.

FORT Fan
    I didn't hate him last season; although the Bliss thing was a bit much. But if the info on his bio is true, the guy has talent -- working for Richard Tyler and BCBG are not small feats.

I do wonder why he wants to do PR again though -- if he's already going to show in LA Fashion Week, he is already fairly successful -- how masochistic do you have to be to risk being eliminated again?

I'm surprised they let any of the former contestants back on; what if the other ones also want to try to come back for another try?

I only saw the last few eps of Season 1, so I didn't see his whole "I wish you bliss" thing (except in the flashback clips). Sounds like it got annoying.

He is technically capable, but I find his designs a bit boring.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I'm surprised they let any of the former contestants back on; what if the other ones also want to try to come back for another try?

I only saw the last few eps of Season 1, so I didn't see his whole "I wish you bliss" thing (except in the flashback clips). Sounds like it got annoying.

He is technically capable, but I find his designs a bit boring.
    There probably weren't any rules saying the former contestants weren't allowed to try again -- but they'd have to show their three strongest pieces as well -- so basically starting over, and there probably weren't any guarantees they'd be in just because they had been on the show before.

The Bliss thing actually wasn't as annoying as just... "huh?" And like Tim Gunn said in his podcast, Daniel had so little time the first time around it was almost as if he was a brand new contestant.

(I'll check the DVD later just to be sure... )

I think the "bliss" comment Daniel made on the previous season was actually a reference coming from the late Joseph Campbell (from various PBS series, Hero with a Thousand Faces, Power of Myth, etc.) where one of his major themes was "follow your bliss" (very good advice, BTW). It made sense in that context, at least to me, and wasn't at all annoying. Just about everything else he did that episode *was* annoying, however. Glad he's calmed down and stopped the grandstanding act.

Why would he want to be on Project Runway again when he's had enough success that one of the other contestants saw his work in an LA fashion magazine? Because its good exposure. Because, as he said himself, "it hurt" and my guess is he felt the need for closure, for redemption, to prove himself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast