+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Vosovic - Season 2

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan View Post
    Wait a minute, he said on the show that it was too expensive to fly back home and he couldn't afford it (since 2002, I think he said), now you're saying he hasn't communicated with her AT ALL, not a phone call, not a letter, by the way, I'm on TV, and yet he used her and he made out on the runway like she was his closest buddy and supporter. What a slime. Tim was right: the editors were too kind on him. And I was probably right, the previous episode's montage with his friend and his friend's family was all an
    act, he probably paid them to be his friends du jour.
    Well, obviously I don't know these people or what was actually going on. I was just going by what Tim said in his PodCast. He was talking about it to explain Santino's being a lot more subdued than he had been in the show. And Tim said he got the info from Andrae. So who knows what really is going on there. Just listen to Tim's PodCast -- there's a lot in it.

I doubt that Santino would have to pay that "friend". Tony seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't mind publicity of any type. I just found it extremely weird that S. hadn't told Tony that he was in the final three. I mean, what on earth did Tony think Tim was doing there?

And what I really found suspicious was that Santino claimed he had quit his job and was totally broke, but he was living in an expensive house in Hollywood. How is he paying that rent???? And I really thought that homeless in Venice story was totally bogus. He copied that from Jim Morrison's life. (All the homelss live in Santa Monica anyway -- at least all the ones I saw when I was there last year on vacation).

I'm sure S. will milk everything he can from this show. I just bet that out of all the contestants on the show, the first one to have another show at Fashion Week will be Daniel. He's got the talent and the class that a lot of the others don't.

AKat

Ooh, you keep mentioning Tim's Finale Podcast, I'm so eager to listen to it, but I don't have headphones for this computer and don't wanna wake up hubby. Sounds really informative though. Tim doesn't mince words, although he does seem to be fickle at times!

Santino hadn't contacted his mother at all in years? On the show he made it sound like he just couldn't afford to fly home (still, there's buses, and I'm sure an enterprising guy like him could talk friends into a road trip). Post cards are what, a dollar?

And long distance now is so cheap it's unbelievable. Who knows what's the truth with him and why he was really homeless, or how he's been living. I guess if he's got a difficult past I can't blame him for wanting to put a spin on it, though.

His mom did look happy to be there. No mention of his dad at all. We got to see the other two's families and to hear about them before the final show (part 1). But not Santino's. Something tells me his home life was not a bed of roses. (I can't tell whether it came from him or them, though.) If he did have a painful past I'd have half expected him to draw from that to win sympathy... cos he sure pulled out every other trick in the book.

Anyway... I did want Daniel to win but I'm just happy it wasn't Scatino. I did not want to hear him brag all over Tv for a year. Daniel seems pretty well balanced and Michael Kors offered him a job on national Tv (not sure he'll take it after Michael's sarcastic judging) - he will be fine.

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Ooh, you keep mentioning Tim's Finale Podcast, I'm so eager to listen to it, but I don't have headphones for this computer and don't wanna wake up hubby. Sounds really informative though. Tim doesn't mince words, although he does seem to be fickle at times!

Anyway... I did want Daniel to win but I'm just happy it wasn't Scatino. I did not want to hear him brag all over Tv for a year. Daniel seems pretty well balanced and Michael Kors offered him a job on national Tv (not sure he'll take it after Michael's sarcastic judging) - he will be fine.
    Do get some earphones or wait until you won't disturb anybody. It's a very long (2 parts even) and very informative podcast. I am very glad Tim is doing these. It lets us in on a lot of things that we couldn't figure out just from watching the show.

And it will be very interesting to see what Daniel ends up doing. I think he has a very bright future

AKat

Brandy, you'll have to tell me how you can get the podcasts on your Tivo now, PM me maybe, I'll never get it if I try to do the podcast on my dialup connection, its not even worth trying.

As for what Santino supposedly told us, told the producers, told Andrae, etc., I wouldn't put ANYTHING past him. I'm sure he'd lie to everyone if it suited his purposes, got him attention, got him sympathy, made him look better or more interesting. So who knows what the real truth is, almost nothing would surprise me. Man is really the Wendy Pepper of this season -- think about it -- warped world view, problems working and playing well with others, exaggerated sense of self aggrandizement, desire for fame and riches well outside of personal talent level, odd fashion sense, poor sewing skills, tendency to attribute the personal animosity of those whom one has offended to professional animus and feeling threatened, compulsive lying and self deception, etc. Dye him a blonde streak down the top of his head, we're talking a cross between Lurch and Skunkzilla.

Moi
    I just read an interesting article about Daniel in a Michigan newspaper, about what he's been up to since the show:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grpress/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-0/114235126415660.xml&coll=6&thispage=1

It's been very surreal! Oh, and he's meeting with Michael Kors this week to talk about that job

Also, Daniel has a website up now: http://www.DanielVosovic.net

AKat
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Thanks for the links, Akat. I'm sending a two-paw salute for each link.

I imagine Daniel is in a stronger position now when negotiating with Michael Kors if he has celebrities asking for his designs.

Daniel's grammar needs work, though. ("me and Santino") Yikes!

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me View Post
    Thanks for the links, Akat. I'm sending a two-paw salute for each link.

I imagine Daniel is in a stronger position now when negotiating with Michael Kors if he has celebrities asking for his designs.

Daniel's grammar needs work, though. ("me and Santino") Yikes!
    You are welcome, roses4me.

I'm glad good things are happening for Daniel. He seems like such a nice person. I think he deserves it.

I agree with you about the grammar. Of course we don't know how accurately he was quoted.

AKat

For anyone wanting to hear podcasts on their TiVo: If it is possible, a prompt will come up asking if you want to set up podcasts and games on TiVo (the games are just very basic Win98 type stuff).

I have one TiVo on broadband and one on dialup. Only the broadband one got the prompt. I am pretty sure you have to have it hooked up via broadband or wireless broadband, to get access to podcasts through your TiVo. My other one, which is on a phone line, can't get podcasts.

Hope that helped.

But thanks for reminding me! I need to hear some Tim Gunn again... I can hear him better through my Tv.

That's great, about Daniel following up on the Kors offer, and celebs chasing Daniel. Kors is a good placement for Daniel, I think. Smart of Daniel to follow through.

Moi
    What interesting company Daniel is keeping these days.

According to gawker stalker, (pm me if you need a link, but I'm going to tell you all that was there) Daniel was spotted on March 16 at Pacha (42nd and 12th, NYC) with Nicole Richie and Grace (yes, that Grace, Chloe's model. I bet that was an interesting evening.

AKat

I love Daniel Too, he is very handsome and talented!
    *Takahashi Ai x Rythem

+ Reply to Thread