+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Vosovic - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Oh I'm sure her comments had something to do with it - even perhaps subconsciously on the others' parts. Ya just don't say those things in a competition. "I'm not sure I want this anyway" might get you your wish

What I meant by cowardice wasn't so much the Scatino tirade - well maybe with Kara, who knows - but Daniel had already stood up to him (despite sharing a sleeping area - brave! Lol). But I think they figured he'd be in regardless and they didn't want to deal with him being mad at them later. Sort of a hex avoidance type of thing.

Still - seeing how they both loathed him by then, I thought it was cowardly also in that they did not stand by their convictions, or with their friend. It wasn't horrifying, or maybe just not after/compared to everything we've just seen come from Scandaltina - but it still struck me as kind of wimpy or weasely. Not in an ethical way - they had a right to their choice. But in a strength of one's convictions type of way, mostly.

I mean, they both hated him and still said they'd rather go to fashion week with him. The more I thought about it, it was one more example of Santino's bullying getting him what he wanted. It was simply less trouble for them to choose him, but not for good reasons. If Chloe wasn't so easy-going, that would've made for some drama. Oddly enough, her good quality may have played against her.

They might have cost her fashion week. If it had, that would've been depressing. Kara & Daniel chose the easy way out. It reminded me it's a competition above all. Which I guess I was reluctant to let go of that illusion. That they were all (but Scatino) friends. Project Runway... you dream stealer.
    But I don't just disagree with you about whether they were cowardly or not, I also think their decisions were not based on what Santino's reaction would or would not be. I think everybody but Chloe realized Santino was going to be one of the finalists, regardless, and given that, they made tactical decisions. Cowardice or disloyalty had nothing to do with it. Chloe's dress was the weakest of the three reasonable efforts that were put forth, it was puckering, that seam that bothered Tim did look odd, it did poof a lot in the backside, it certainly lacked sophistication and elegance, more like a little girl playing dress up. Chloe also said she was ambivalent about whether she wanted it or not, something that would not please those were busting their chops because they DID want it badly, and KNEW they wanted it badly.

Logically, if Santino is going to be in regardless, and one can assume Daniel pretty much has a lock as well, the two remaining choices to be aufed are Kara and Chloe. No point in fingering Santino, because he's going to be in anyway, and if everybody gangs up on him because of his obnoxious personality, that just makes you look unprofessional, that you can't separate the man from his designs, and might make the judges look at you differently, or it might backfire, and make them feel more protective of him than he deserves. If you're going to finger someone to go, finger someone the judges might actually send home, and if you have any brains, finger the person who you feel might be your biggest competition. I like Kara, but I don't think anyone viewed her as serious competition, certainly not as serious a competition as Chloe might present. So, since Chloe had already made herself vulnerable by presenting a substandard design, why not finger her? Daniel came up with a very tactful reason for his selection, she's already got an established business whereas we other three don't, and that way he didn't have to address personalities, design skills, any real issues, just leave it on a very pragmatic, who would it help most basis.

FORT Newbie

!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parah View Post
    ahh~! I am officially a Daniel Vosovic fangirl!
    Is there any way to download his audition tape?!

HAHAHA!!! I saw the audition tape also. Daniel just makes my life happier.

FORT Fan
    Another possibility why Daniel and Kara backstabbed Chloe:

(Conspiracy Theorist Mode ON)

They both point out Chloe, knowing that the judges/producers are not going to listen to them anyway, and in fact may keep Chloe to anticipate tension, so to increase the chances of Auffing Lurch.

Didn't work, obviously. I'm sure they'll talk about in on the reunion show...

(Conspiracy Theorist Mode OFF)

Yeah, I'm bored and angry. Bring on ANTM already!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Daniel deserves to win this competition...and I'm not even one of the people who is "ga-ga" over him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo-Ha View Post
    HAHAHA!!! I saw the audition tape also. Daniel just makes my life happier.
    Whao~ where can I find it?

Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Whao~ where can I find it?
    deku, Daniel's page at the official Bravo PR site is:
    http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway_2/Bios/Designers/Daniel_V/

Just click on "Audition Tape" on that page and you will see it.

AKat

FORT Newbie
    Oh Thanks!~

Hmm, well that's OK, we can agree to disagree & still be friendly, Closet_Fan! Makes life more interesting

That episode was on again today and I only watched bits of it, but that scene was one of the ones I did view again (there was just nothing else on Tv). What occured to me this time was - "What if NONE of them would name anyone else?" I mean I felt it was really unfair of the panel to ask them to do that (by panel, I mean Hosti). What could the show have done if they all just said, "Y'know what? I'm not stooping there. I'm not going to lose dignity by Aufing a fellow designer. I did my part, now you do yours, but leave me out of that."

Or words to that effect. Also this time I noticed that when Hodi asked that question, Daniel V. sighed and looked skyward. "Not again" his look seemed to say. I think they each felt they had to comply, but really, what could the show have done if they didn't? It also irked me that it wasn't even necessary - no one named Kara and the show Aufed Kara. So, that was needless humiliation of the poor designers.

BAH.

Daniel V. talked about Project Runway briefly on this week's Best Week Ever on VH1. He basically said to go to the Bravo website to see more about the show.

I thought the final challenge Hosti and Tim gave the 3 finalists was really mean! We didn't need any more drama. I'd have rather watched them prep for fashion week.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know the name of the store that he went shopping with Tim during the latest episode??

+ Reply to Thread