+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Vosovic - Season 2

Here's an article which features Daniel V. talking about fashion. I'm not remembering the rules absolutely exactly, I believe its OK if I provide the link as long as I attribute the article to CNN. Moderators, if I goofed, it wasn't intentional, its been so long since I've posted a link.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/fashion.tv/index.html

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    As much as his girlfriend couldn't visualize Daniel....and I can't imagine that she couldn't see him as gay.........."not that there's anything wrong with that... (ala Seinfeld)" ... whatever...live and learn. I never did not see that.. But then again, he wasn't "out". Some people really need to be smacked in the head with those bags of chips..!

This man is a wonderful designer, as long as he doesn't try to make me into a flower!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    As much as his girlfriend couldn't visualize Daniel....and I can't imagine that she couldn't see him as gay.........."not that there's anything wrong with that... (ala Seinfeld)" ... whatever...live and learn. I never did not see that.. But then again, he wasn't "out". Some people really need to be smacked in the head with those bags of chips..!

This man is a wonderful designer, as long as he doesn't try to make me into a flower!
    Well, to be fair to the poor girlfriend, Daniel said he came from a very strict, conservative religious family, its possible that his girlfriend may have as well. I think he also said he grew up in Michigan or Minnesota, something like that, and since I doubt he grew up in Detroit, he may well have grown up in a small town, where NOBODY ABSOLUTELY NOBODY is ever out, they supposedly don't know anyone who is gay, and it would absolutely never ever occur to anyone in town that anyone they knew was gay, because such people don't exist.

I've gotten in a number of arguments with my parents, especially my father, because I lived in San Francisco for a number of years, and know loads and loads of gay friends, whereas my parents are extremely homophobic. My father was a Boy Scout and later a scout master for years and years, and emphatically declares that there were no gay boys, not a single one, either when he was a boy, or later as a BS leader. Now statistically, this is just improbable. He also doesn't think he knows a single gay or lesbian person at work. And he works for a pretty big company, comes in contact with a lot of people over the many years he's worked there. Clearly, the man does not know about the gays and lesbians around him either because (1) his attitude is pretty apparent, and I wouldn't tell him either, if I were in their shoes, or (2) because he either doesn't see, or doesn't choose to see, the obvious.

Likewise, Daniel may well have found it prudent to hide things as much as he could, the girlfriend didn't know what the signs were, or chose not to see them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You know, when I was a wee girl I used to believe that if I closed my eyes you couldn't see me! You could not convince me otherwise! I'd run from the bathtub to my room butt naked, but it was ok since nobody could see me anyway!!

Maybe it's something like that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sink? Why?
    Just a poor joke.

Daniel is many things - hot, handsome, sexy, metrosexual, a tad androgynous, rock star-ish, sleek, chic, but butch he's not.

Soo if Nick's hopes were pinned on Daniel "butching it up"... well, that's when my boat full o' hope began to spring a leak. Just a tiny bit.

It got buoyed again when I saw how horrific Rasputin's cat scratch fever jumpsuit was, held together with duct tape and super glue, but hey. How naive was I?? PR has stuck a pin into my inflated life raft of naivete and tossed it overboard.

(Daniel was still hawt in that outfit, mind you, but I like David Bowie). It's just - a lumberjack he's not.

nothing but...
    i loved when daniel said, 'thanks, i am just trying to make it through' and the face he made. it has me laughing every time i see it.

Like he didn't know what to make of Scatino's fake compliment. Hee.

I give Daniel credit for bravery for saying things to Satan-o's face like that; he did have to sleep in the same apartment later that night, Lol. Still, the way Daniel and Kara both chose Santino over Chloe upset me.

Talk about your last-minute lack of courage!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Like he didn't know what to make of Scatino's fake compliment. Hee.

I give Daniel credit for bravery for saying things to Satan-o's face like that; he did have to sleep in the same apartment later that night, Lol. Still, the way Daniel and Kara both chose Santino over Chloe upset me.

Talk about your last-minute lack of courage!
    Amazing -- something we actually DISAGREE about, Brandy! I don't think the other two designers chose Chloe as odd woman out because they were concerned about a Santino tirade. No, I think it was partially because of Chloe's talk about not being sure she really wanted it, although you have to admit, both of them, and even Santino, believe it or not, were being classy enough not to mention that little faux pas, but I think part of it was pure calculation.

Given the scenario where you have to pick someone to go, other than yourself that is, who do you pick? Do you pick the season's Wendy Pepper, who by virtue of his TV personality has so far managed to survive in spite of everything, in spite of a turkey dress, in spite of a dress that was literally falling apart at the seams, in spite of being up against designers who had a lot more talent than he did? I think it was pretty obvious to everyone but Chloe that the man was going to make the final three, regardless, so why not point the finger in the direction of someone else who might actually get cut? Daniel seems closer to Kara, and frankly, I would have rather competed against Kara than against Chloe (don't think anyone considered Santino serious competition). If I were Kara, I would rather have gone against Daniel and Santino, so one would look a lot more boring than me, and the other a lot more outrageous, ergo I come off looking best.

I'm convinced it was partially Chloe's comments, partially pure pragmatism.

Oh I'm sure her comments had something to do with it - even perhaps subconsciously on the others' parts. Ya just don't say those things in a competition. "I'm not sure I want this anyway" might get you your wish

What I meant by cowardice wasn't so much the Scatino tirade - well maybe with Kara, who knows - but Daniel had already stood up to him (despite sharing a sleeping area - brave! Lol). But I think they figured he'd be in regardless and they didn't want to deal with him being mad at them later. Sort of a hex avoidance type of thing.

Still - seeing how they both loathed him by then, I thought it was cowardly also in that they did not stand by their convictions, or with their friend. It wasn't horrifying, or maybe just not after/compared to everything we've just seen come from Scandaltina - but it still struck me as kind of wimpy or weasely. Not in an ethical way - they had a right to their choice. But in a strength of one's convictions type of way, mostly.

I mean, they both hated him and still said they'd rather go to fashion week with him. The more I thought about it, it was one more example of Santino's bullying getting him what he wanted. It was simply less trouble for them to choose him, but not for good reasons. If Chloe wasn't so easy-going, that would've made for some drama. Oddly enough, her good quality may have played against her.

They might have cost her fashion week. If it had, that would've been depressing. Kara & Daniel chose the easy way out. It reminded me it's a competition above all. Which I guess I was reluctant to let go of that illusion. That they were all (but Scatino) friends. Project Runway... you dream stealer.

Moi
    Does anybody know what the tattoo on Dan's arm is? It's high up on the outside of his right arm. You can see it sometimes when he's wearing a tee shirt. Just curious.

AKat

+ Reply to Thread