+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chloe Dao - Season 2

I have to say, seeing Chloe's clothes in motion, they seemed to make the most dramatic statement. It was also clear they were impeccably constructed. The thing is, to pull something off completely - don't miss the mark. She hit where she aimed for.

I will say I wish she'd used more various fabrics. I get that was likely the way she tied it all together. But it seemed repetitive at times by the same token. At least don't put two dresses in the same fabric in a row. But maybe they do that in fashion all the time, whadda I know.

when the clothes were in motion you could totally see what the judges meant by how the seems were just int eh right places. they really made the clothes fit well, and they looked super intricate, but man- that was a lot of shiny fabrics. chloes designs were probably the most detailed and intricate, even with the ugly fabric

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy View Post
    After seeing the collections on TV, Chloe's really was the most cohesive. It didn't have the wow factor like Jay's (well, nobody has compared to last year's FW show, but we already knew that.) but Chloe "Woman Friendly" Dao is never about that. Of the Final Three, she deserved the prize.
    I agree 100%

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I have to say, seeing Chloe's clothes in motion, they seemed to make the most dramatic statement. It was also clear they were impeccably constructed. The thing is, to pull something off completely - don't miss the mark. She hit where she aimed for.

I will say I wish she'd used more various fabrics. I get that was likely the way she tied it all together. But it seemed repetitive at times by the same token. At least don't put two dresses in the same fabric in a row. But maybe they do that in fashion all the time, whadda I know.
    Actually I think they do. From the profesional collections that I've seen, most designers use the same fabric and often times the same color for pretty much all of their outfits. That's the point of having a "theme", which I think Chloe pulled off the best. Neither of the other collections had any real theme. They were pretty random, especially Daniel V's.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm not MAD that she won, but I was rooting for Daniel. Her shiny fabrics sorta bugged me, but the designs weren't that bad.

My major critique is in regards to how SHE dressed for Olympus. For Pete sakes Chloe, stop showing your belly and stand up. For such an important event, she looked awful!!! :nono
    She presented herself hideously.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    I don't think there was time for anyone to preen, if the timeline mentioned on the show was indeed accurate. The designers were allowed to work until 4 a.m., and had to be at the tent no later than 5:30. Chloe is wearing the same outfit to her show that she was shown working in the evening/night before. I simply don't think she had time to clean up, other than have her makeup done.

Cheers, Chloe!

Some of her garments were constructed from heavy, daunting fabric which reminded me of a cross between an innaugeration gown circa 1840 and the `dress' carol burnett wore in her send up of Gone With The Wind. That last gown, in blue was lovely and a few of her long, floral dresses were nice, but no great shakes. She's good, but she didn't deserve to be called THE BEST.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills View Post
    Weinie,

Are you SURE you're not Santino?
    No kidding. I love Chloe. How can anyone things she's arrogant? At the end of the show, she says she felt validated, that can now consider herself a real designer. I think she had self-doubt if anything, and the win made her finally belive.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    I'm not MAD that she won, but I was rooting for Daniel. Her shiny fabrics sorta bugged me, but the designs weren't that bad.

My major critique is in regards to how SHE dressed for Olympus. For Pete sakes Chloe, stop showing your belly and stand up. For such an important event, she looked awful!!! :nono
    She presented herself hideously.
    And Santino and Daniel were any better?

I sorta knew Chloe was gonna win. They showed Santino and Daniel on Vh1's Best Week Ever, and I was like "What happened to Chloe?"(no pun intended), so I assumed that Santino and Daniel had lost.

+ Reply to Thread