+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ETA: I can't believe Wendy had a hat made for herself that has her name and "The Longshot" on it.
    Oh, yeah. She's definitely proud of that label since she "won" a place in the final 3. . . She put it on her Bravo t-shirt too, I think.

ooooh likes Kara Saun is going to be called out....maybe for that guy helping with the shoes?
    Oh, I hope that's nit it!! Why would having someone help with shoes be against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I think Wendy got busted because she said her daughter painted that picture for the judges and said it was Fin's idea, then Fin said, she only did it because she had nothing else to do and mommy suggested the idea.
    I totally missed that! Thank you for mentioning it, I'm going to have to go back and look at it, that's so funny!

BTW, this whole segment on the fashion show preparations is totally enlightening. You can absolutely see the difference in the level of experience amongst the designers. Kara Saun, the one with the most industry experience, shows up with custom made shoes for the models, not to mention a local friend with just the right experience to help her with the snagging shoe problem. Jay, whom I absolutely adore, but obviously doesn't have the same level of experience, has thought about and brought his accessories, albeit not to the level of detail of having them custom made, while Wendy, didn't even occur to her in advance to even think about shoes and accessories. Really telling.

Oh goodie. More daughter exploitation from Wendy. Yuck. :phhht

Kara Saun is wrong and I agree with Wendy lecturing her about it

Parker, what is up with your hair??? The glasses are silly!!!!

Kara, I hate to say it but......sigh......gulp....Wen dy (OMG, I can't believe I am saying this) Wendy is right.

The board went down for me.

I am glad they didn't accept Kara Saun's invoice for the shoes.

I did not like her oufits as much as I thought I would.

The board was down for me too.

I never saw Shoe Gate '05 coming.

Its really a conundrum. Its not fair, and Kara trying to get the manufacturer to sell her the shoes for less than full market value, well, that's still a favor, so that's not OK, but on the other hand, come on folks, they're shoes, how much of a difference could that really make? Ignore the shoes. If Wendy had fabulous custom made shoes, would that make her dresses look better? No, probably the reverse -- they'd look incongruous with her workmanship and designs. They'd show up her collection.

OMG, Wendy's collection is on now, and dead silence. No clapping at all. Worse than I expected.

Board was down for me too.

I do see how Kara's shoes might give her an unfair advantage, however I think Kara made an honest mistake, unlike Wendy, who's nasty machinations are deliberately "evil" (she used that word herself) and pre-meditated. Kara just didn't read the contract well enough! Wendy's anger here is not righteous, it's just another opportunity to justify herself.

I liked Kara's collection! Some very cute things I'd certainly wear. Wendy's is predictably awful. Plus there's no continuity or clear theme.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Oh, I was so hoping they would get riffled over the seethrough top!! Down with Wendy!!

FORT Newbie
    Kara refused to take up the length on those dresses. The image was ruined by the models holding up the skirts. It was so noticeable.

And Kara is downgraded in my book. The pressure really got to her with the ridiculous shoe argument. Sheesh.

+ Reply to Thread