+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was excited to see my favorite Ann, even if it was only a few seconds. When she walked in and said hi, I was like, . So I'm a dork and took screen caps of the fitting and casting... (To the person who mentioned it earlier: Yup, the guy who was working with Nanette Lepore in ANTM3 was there.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Salome; 02-25-2005 at 07:29 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing during Kara's collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I was excited to see my favorite Ann, even if it was only a few seconds. When she walked in and said hi, I was like, . So I'm a dork and took screen caps of the fitting and casting... (To the person who mentioned it earlier: Yup, the guy who was working with Nanette Lepore in ANTM3 was there.)
    That was me, Salome! I would have recognized his voice anywhere (I'm good with voices) Yeah, Ann was pretty brief, I wonder if the PR producers even realized she was "famous" for being on ANTM, and if they didn't, whether they would have included a little more of her than they did show, and conversely, if they did, if they minimized the footage of her on the show for some reason. It was almost impossible to see anything of her, they didn't show her walking the runway except as part of the group, and they cut away the shot before she became more visible and came towards the front.

DGO
    FORT Newbie
    I am SOOOOOO glad Jay one. He is, IMHO, the most creative with the greatest range. His challenge will be to continue to wow the fashion press with his wild styles yet also design a prete-a-porte line that has broad appeal. The haute couture stuff is a money loser for these guys - it's ALL about the prete-a-porte. But I think he can really do it. Plus he is so damn funny!

Kara - what a disappointment! I really liked her and her style before the last show. But honey - you broke the rules. Period! Whatever Wendy did to make some on this board loathe her so much, she a) never broke the rules and b) was pretty clear that she was about winning. Kara was not only caught in her scheme (and I don't think it was innocent for a moment - she signed the contract that EXPLICITY forbid this and she obviously had to work to get the shoes designed and manufactured AND she had MULTIPLE pairs of shoes made in each design to be sure she would have a pair to fit. I mean - SOOOOO over the top!), she continued to deny it and to try to find a way to get around it when it was made clear to her that the producers were on to her game. That would be bad enough in and of itself, but compounded with this "high and mighty" act is really the limit! And editing hasn't been kind to Wendy either, so I think blaming the producers for pointing this out about her is not a good defense.

And "not talking to you roomate" is so junior high. Grow up.

Wendy was not in the same league as those two creatively and I think she made it into the top three to keep the drama going (as someone earlier pointed out). While I think that was good for raitings, it wasn't really good for the quality of the show. It seemed clear to me that Nina and Michael think she's talentless (btw - "you're a great tailor" is an insult, not a compliment) and it really wouldn't have mattered what she produced, they wouldn't have liked it. I think that was a shame for all involved.

I admire the fact that she though Jay's stuff was great and said so. I hope she takes a look at her behavior and thinks about how she comes off. I'm sure she'll do quite well designing for her target audience - Washington D.C./N. VA socialites.

FORT Regular

Austin - MIA on the Runway

I just took a look at the Bravo site and the clip of Austin's collection. As others noted at t hte time of Fashion Week, Ausitn;s demeanoir and the reference to his sister's help clearly indicated that he was not in the final 3 and it did show. Not that it was a bad effort, jsut that it was not as polished as it would have been if he had the time and money that was given to the others. Not sure if I liked the music, but it was not as bad as others have claimed, and it clearly was approproate to the look/feel of the collection. However, to compare him to KS and Jay is not fair. But what struck me was what Ausitn DID accomplish - and, IMHO, he created a cohesive collection/look. Granted, his clothes are not for everyone, as he has stated nuerous times, but they were spectacular. Take a stroll on Fifth or Park Aves. and you will see many glam outfits that in Anytown would look costumey. Ausitn's coats, especially, would fit right in. The hats which others disparaged, while not somehting that one would see on the streets of Anytown, USA, were great accessories to the outfits. From previous descriptions, I thought that the hats were literally tri corner jobs. and that everyone wore one. Austin actually took the look and gave it a glam twist. They were great accessories for the clothes with which they were paired (See Skank, even on a tight budget and time frame, Austin got it) I wondered what he would have been able to do if he was in the final 3. After seeing his collection, I think that it would have been a real horse race between all 3 of the finalists rather than just KS and Jay. As I have noted before, it was painfully obvious that Skank did not belong at Fashion Week, it clearly was a wasted opporunity. I am an admmitedly not a fan of Skunkzilla, but in light of what Austin accomplished, her collection just seemed even more rough shod and ill designed.

If you look carefully during the preparation of the show, Austin is in the background a couple times. It's hard to notice him at first, because he is kind of disheveled, but he looks straight into the camera for a moment while someone is talking (I can't remember who- note to tivo users.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    If you look carefully during the preparation of the show, Austin is in the background a couple times. It's hard to notice him at first, because he is kind of disheveled, but he looks straight into the camera for a moment while someone is talking (I can't remember who- note to tivo users.)
    I remember seeing Austin quite clearly after Tim was talking to Kara about the shoes. It was so very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    It was almost impossible to see anything of her, they didn't show her walking the runway except as part of the group, and they cut away the shot before she became more visible and came towards the front.
    Well, they did show a clear shot of her during the judging, while they were praising Kara Saun's work. I think her nonappearance on the runway probably had to do with the unmemorable dress, as you said earlier. They also didn't show Cintia Dicker, the red head everyone wanted, and she's a big name.
    Last edited by Salome; 02-26-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Austin in the Audience

Quote Originally Posted by Critical

There just was not nearly enough Austin Scarlett in this epi for me - I missed him.
    Was he even in the audience?!? I didn't see Austin at all. Though I did see the Fab 5 from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". I was all, "LOOKIE!!!! IT'S CARSON!!!!!" lol

____
    Also I thought it was hilarious when Jay was on his porch and was holding the shotgun. what did he yell at Tim again? wasn't it, "Tim Gunn I'm gonna git you!" or something like that.
    Last edited by AustinsgirlRoxy; 02-26-2005 at 06:02 PM.
    "Let go of Austin and nobody gets hurt!...hopefully..." yesh must protect the awesome Austin. ^.^
    Jay Won!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinsgirlRoxy
    Was he even in the audience?!? I didn't see Austin at all. Though I did see the Fab 5 from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". I was all, "LOOKIE!!!! IT'S CARSON!!!!!" lol
    I don't think he was allowed to be in the audience because that may have given away the final three.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

He probably wouldn't be in the audience for the reason stated above. He did get up on the runway and introduce his "collection", just like the final three did. I wonder if the Saks Fifth Avenue buyer who contacted him did so because of seeing him on the "show" or because of his "collection", or both.

+ Reply to Thread