+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    for Jay! I loved his reaction. Jay and his family are adorable. I am so happy for them. I think he has the imagination and the talent to go far.

I went into the show rooting for Kara Saun but Shoegate showed me her Wendy side and annoyed me. Kara Saun also lacked variety. All of her designs looked like something from the previous episodes. I would love to see her create a different neckline, go without the chest cutouts, the cinched in waists, the fur and the leather. Not much depth there, IMO.

Wendy the mom seems like a wonderful person. Wendy the competitor, scares me.

I could buy the excuse for Kara's shoe thing the first time around, but after she continued to argue to the point of absurdity, it was really weak. It did show she has pretty fab industry connections (Dollhouse shoes are really cute) and can get things together quickly, but there was something a bit underhanded by the way she called her contact and said, "Don't say anything. Just get me an invoice..."
    But once she had been informed of the problem, she seemed to regard it more as a nuisance, an impediment to be got around, a punishment for her having had the professionalism, the foresight and the connections to get such a perk gratis, and that's where I have the problem, and am disappointed. Calling up her contact and telling him to bill her $5 a pair, a ridiculously low sum, that was still favoritism, and I don't get why she didn't understand that, or why people would have a problem with it. Instead of what she actually did do, which was try to do a work around, would have been to say to Tim, OK, we have a problem, what will make it right? Instead, she continued to argue with Tim, even when he presented her with the perfect out, you can use the shoes, but the judges have to ignore them. Why argue at that point? Just shut up and be thankful they gave you an easy out, for heaven's sake!
    Y'all summed up my feelings on this really nicely. I was ok with Kara and the shoe thing till she started making SUCH a freakin big deal out of it. I wanted to rip the shoes out of her hands and send her butt straight to Payless to pick up the pieces with no time left to spare. I know it was a stressful time and all, but the way she was responding to Tim and then her phone conversation with her connection really ticked me off something fierce. It's almost a bit surprising with her attention to detail thing, that a very important detail, the contract in question, seemed to be forgotten about....just seems a bit too convenient to me (especially after all the protesting and finger pointing that she was doing at the others with the Kors shoes...just get over it, shut your mouth, and move the heck on).
    Okay, that quilted trench coat is a must have for this girl.
    AMEN to this as well! I'm TOTALLY in love with that burgundy(ish) quilted trench Absolutely freakin gorgeous with a TON of detail work on it!

My neighbors must have loved me hootin and hollerin last night when they announced Jay as the winner, I was totally amazed that they really did look into the designer and see the future of what they could do rather than just go with what they had in front of them. Not that what Jay put out for Fashion Week was anything but amazing, but so was Kara's...I just feel like we've seen more diversity out of Jay in the longrun of the series than we had of Kara (most of her dresses were very similarly cut it seemed like to me, just different versions of the same thing).

I was just disappointed that we didn't get to see any of what Austin had put together to show....I'd have liked to atleast seen it go down the runway instead of just the photos.

FORT Newbie
    did you guys see one of kara's models was ann from ANTM? I was skeptical at first but then i was SURE it was her. Must say, she has the looks and the body and the srut, but just cant be photographed for her life.

Quote Originally Posted by tonguetwister
    did you guys see one of kara's models was ann from ANTM? I was skeptical at first but then i was SURE it was her. Must say, she has the looks and the body and the srut, but just cant be photographed for her life.
    Yes, that was Ann Markley (she didn't have one of the better dresses, though).

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Y'all summed up my feelings on this really nicely. I was ok with Kara and the shoe thing till she started making SUCH a freakin big deal out of it. I wanted to rip the shoes out of her hands and send her butt straight to Payless to pick up the pieces with no time left to spare. I know it was a stressful time and all, but the way she was responding to Tim and then her phone conversation with her connection really ticked me off something fierce. It's almost a bit surprising with her attention to detail thing, that a very important detail, the contract in question, seemed to be forgotten about....just seems a bit too convenient to me (especially after all the protesting and finger pointing that she was doing at the others with the Kors shoes...just get over it, shut your mouth, and move the heck on).

AMEN to this as well! I'm TOTALLY in love with that burgundy(ish) quilted trench Absolutely freakin gorgeous with a TON of detail work on it!

My neighbors must have loved me hootin and hollerin last night when they announced Jay as the winner, I was totally amazed that they really did look into the designer and see the future of what they could do rather than just go with what they had in front of them. Not that what Jay put out for Fashion Week was anything but amazing, but so was Kara's...I just feel like we've seen more diversity out of Jay in the longrun of the series than we had of Kara (most of her dresses were very similarly cut it seemed like to me, just different versions of the same thing).

I was just disappointed that we didn't get to see any of what Austin had put together to show....I'd have liked to atleast seen it go down the runway instead of just the photos.
    If your computer's up to it, you can watch video of Austin's collection at the Project Runway site.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

It is too bad that Wendy didn't inherit the class of her mother, who treated Kara Saun and Jay with graciousness. I'm sorry, I just hate Snideley McSnideley Smirkface Wendy so much. She has defenders?? Goodness. That's just so wrong. I can't wrap my brain around that.

I was so glad to see her go. I didn't care if Jay or Kara Saun won, I would have been just as happy if either won.

I didn't especially care for Jay's collection myself, I thought most of the designs were very unwearable. But he is a designer with an original vision, and he's such a darn hoot, you can't help but love him. The personality on that guy!

I really wish Austin had gone farther. I love my sweet Austin and think his collection would have rocked. He's so young, but he's a superb designer, and his clothes are exquisitely constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    Yes, that was Ann Markley (she didn't have one of the better dresses, though).
    Here is Ann. Unfortunately, they caked her face with makeup, which only ended up making her look dowdy...

FORT Regular
    A person in my office came in my room yesterday, and rather than saying, "did you watch Project Runway yet?" he burst in saying "It's all about Jay!". I had even told him the day before that I wouldn't be able to watch it until last night. I hate that crap. He did the same thing months ago with an earlier Amazing Race. People like that must be stopped. (rant off)

I had been a big Kara fan from the beginning. That ended last night. She came off as too cocky, and she still couldn't see that getting a major favor from the shoe manufacturer was wrong. I'm glad Jay won. As others had posted, he needed the break more than Kara did. She already had the contacts. Besides, Jay's designs were much better. He had a clear vision and followed it through. As for Wendy, even when she was asked straight out to explain her vision, she couldn't. That's because she had none. I think the truth is that Finley designed everything and Wendy was just pretending to be the designer because Finley was too young to enter. Seriously, the way she attempted to use Finley to gain favor was disgusting. I did think it was adorable when we saw Finley's shadow skipping behind the PR screen. The poor kid looked totally bored, even when it was her mom's show.

I thought the bits with Tim were great. He comes off as being really sweet. I especially like him with Jay. Just seeing him in rural America was funny.

FORT Regular
    Oh, and I think that Wendy intentionally picked the room with two beds to mess with the minds of the other two. She got there first and had her choice of rooms. She could have picked the single. It was all part of her EviL master plan to rule the world (or at least Project Runway)

Quote Originally Posted by PJO1966
    I thought the bits with Tim were great. He comes off as being really sweet. I especially like him with Jay. Just seeing him in rural America was funny.
    I kept wondering what Tim was thinking as he was walking in his elegant black garb toward Jay's track house in the middle of nowhere. Is Tim, the ultimate sophisticate, from a small town himself? Tim is certainly good natured enough to go anywhere on this show.

+ Reply to Thread