+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wendy never denied destroying the picture herself. Everyone else did. And who's to say it IS the only print she has ... I think she did it herself for more airtime/drama.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Ooh, nice observation, mom2. Wendy didn't respond at all, it was everyone else who got outraged on her behalf. I'm about 97% sure Wendy did it her own devious self. Didn't she say herself in one of the straight-to-camera interviews that she would "Lie, cheat and steal" to win the competition?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Ooh, nice observation, mom2. Wendy didn't respond at all, it was everyone else who got outraged on her behalf. I'm about 97% sure Wendy did it her own devious self. Didn't she say herself in one of the straight-to-camera interviews that she would "Lie, cheat and steal" to win the competition?
    Yes she did.

Just for you, Snowy...

Wendy comes up when the eliminated designers are waiting, and sweet little Alexandra, whom I have never heard say anything bad or negative said she couldn't even say hi to Wendy. Then Vanessa said "Wendy if you're listening, you don't deserve to be there".

Then after the Austin tribute, they had Kara come out, then Jay, then Wendy. When the first two came out, the other designers, clapped, cheered and greeted them. When Wendy came out, noticeably unenthusiastic clapping, mostly it was Heidi and Tim doing the clapping, Robert did a little, Kevin did a little, it was clearly not a welcoming crowd. Wendy touched Vanessa on the shoulder when she went to sit down, and Vanessa said "Don't act like you're happy to see me."

Heidi asks Wendy why she chose to be so strategic, and Wendy says because she came there to win, and without missing a beat, Mario challenges her "based on what?" she looks over and says, "I'm sorry?" and he says "Did you rely on your raw talent or did you rely on malicious trickery in order to get you where you are now?" Wendy says judges are not going to be responsive to any strategy on my part, so obviously, they saw talent (cut to reaction shot of Kara Saun's face to THAT comment). After Wendy goes on, Alexandra says "you look evil to everyone" and then after a bit says "you basically said you would step over everyone to win". Vanessa says "I think we were all really nice to you because we felt sorry for you because you were such a terrible designer...(cut to sour look on Wendy's face) and then you stepped on all of us"

Kara Saun points out that how people played this game is how they behave in life...her analogy was "if you're a cutthroat person, if you're a liar, a stealer, if you strategize on this show, that's what you do in life" Mario adds that you can really see the difference between Kara Saun and Wendy. Wendy says that people misunderstand her objective, she didn't come on to interact with the other designers, she came on to win, to which Jay retorts "That's so typical, so cliche of an answer". Wendy goes on and says its about getting yourself to the end. Jay pipes up "through our WORK" and Kara Saun says "its about HOW you get to the end".

Wendy's says she is a little uncomfortable about how she came across on the show, and then proceeds to rationalize her behavior by saying it was a unique set of circumstances, a pressure cooker environment and "some of us for the purposes of defending ourselves and preserving our sanity had to engage in certain behaviors that allowed us to simply get through the day." In response to Daniel's question Wendy says "at least I own up to the fact that I have strategic motives" (cut to another Kara Saun facial closeup and her "oh really?" reaction) and then she adds "I think if you look around this room, you see a lot of people who are not exactly honest about their methods." Jay: "Wendy, this is not Survivor!"

I dislike Wendy even more now than I did before, if that was possible. Don't think her efforts at damage control were any better than Morgan's

Viewer question: "what was your security blanket during the competition?"
    Austin (without missing a beat): "Alcohol"

Project Drunkway

Mario: "when we weren't working, we were pretty much drinking and chain smoking"

Austin's drink of choice is champagne, Crystal, of course.

(picture of Jay's thighs with no pants on -- must PURGE mind.)

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar

This is "reality" TV at it's best!

This episode should be offered up to all of the other series producers as an example of how to create a tell-all show. Serve lots of champagne and then sit back and watch the fur fly!

There were no moderators. There was no "soft-script". It was entertaining from start to finish.

I only wish that they suddenly came up with a CCTV tape from the design room so we could see who really drew on Wendy's picture.

I can't wait for next week's finale - though I will miss this series when it is gone. It was an unexpected treat!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

Oh, could I HATE Wendy any more than I do now? Just thinking of her makes me want to :puke:

She's so dumb and stupid and obnoxious, with her saying (on the one hand) that she went into this game and treated every other contestant like they were out to eliminate her... and (on the other) going on about how she's only in the final 3 because the judges liked her. So WTF was up with her bitchy attitude to everyone? It didn't accomplish anything besides making her look bad to thousands in the viewing audience!

On the plus side... Jay roxxors my soxxors. Am I the only one who hopes they put in so much footage of him because his collection blew the judges away and he's going to win...?

Anyway... drunken yoga and cardboard-sword samurai! There has never been a reality tv contestant as amuzing as him... ever!
    Last edited by mariagoner; 02-16-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    You know, Wendy was stone faced throughout that whole segment. She didn't react *at all* to herself getting upset about the picture, not a twitch on her face, and they had her on screen the whole time. She didn't react *at all* to anything anyone said, didn't even flinch when Vanessa said it was probably Wendy herself who did the deed. Certainly didn't deny it. She never said *a word* on the subject, that's really odd. More than odd. For someone who got so supposedly emotionally overwrought by the event when it happened, to relive the event, have to listen to people talk about it, and then accuse you of doing the very deed you were supposedly upset about, and then not react AT ALL, even to protest your innocence? PUHLEASE. An innocent person would have been OUTRAGED at the suggestion, and Miss Justify Myself to the Nth Degree on My Website would CERTAINLY have called Vanessa for making such a vile suggestion if she had indeed been wronged, or even if she hadn't been.

No, methinks Wendy knew exactly what was going down. Here's my theory: Project Runway producers knew EXACTLY who did it: Wendy herself. She used it to accuse the other designers of psychological warfare on her (an absurd idea, since her design skills were the subject of group contempt, nobody was threatened by her, or wanted her out of the way, they were all amazed she lasted long after better designers had left) and continue the "they're all ganging up on me and trying to get me eliminated" storyline. If Wendy had opened her mouth, and falsely accused someone else, or boo hoo'ed about how people had been so mean to her, I'd be willing to bet the producers were sitting on a lovely videotape of the culprit in action, or a cameraman ratting her out, saying "that wasn't there five minutes ago", something that would have publicly skewered her, regardless of what tact she took. Instead, she ignored the bait, and they didn't go for it. (Yet)

BTW folks, looks like Kara Saun takes a well deserved right hook at the evil Cockroach in the final episode...can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    She didn't react *at all* to anything anyone said, didn't even flinch when Vanessa said it was probably Wendy herself who did the deed. Certainly didn't deny it. She never said *a word* on the subject, that's really odd. More than odd. For someone who got so supposedly emotionally overwrought by the event when it happened, to relive the event, have to listen to people talk about it, and then accuse you of doing the very deed you were supposedly upset about, and then not react AT ALL, even to protest your innocence? PUHLEASE. An innocent person would have been OUTRAGED at the suggestion, and Miss Justify Myself to the Nth Degree on My Website would CERTAINLY have called Vanessa for making such a vile suggestion if she had indeed been wronged, or even if she hadn't been.
    ITA! It seems really odd that she didn't react to Vanessa's comments at all. Hmmmmm, suspicious.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

I just saw the bit where Wendy was talking about how it was nice with the models because she could have a relationship with them that wasn't competitive, cut to her comforting Morgan when her agency dropped her. Then I think about her interview when she said I knew nobody wanted to work with Morgan, so I axed her for the team. Yeah, I felt the love, Wendy.

BTW, about that interview with Vanessa, I didn't see anything that was so dreadfully bad. Calling people "desperate" wasn't great, and talking about getting $1500 from some old bag was less than prudent, but it wasn't bashing THEM it was bashing the producers for exploiting that. OK, she said some of the designers were amateurish and didn't belong there, well, we all knew that. Some of those people were included for the freak factor, for entertainment value, as chattel to be eliminated right up front. Jay himself said he thought he had been chosen to be on the show to be an entertaining loser (not exact words, but that's the gist). So she said Heidi didn't talk to them, interact with them, having much if anything to do with the show, and had deplorable fashion sense. We've said the same thing here.

I feel sorry for her in a way. She's clearly bitter, but she's honest about it. She thought the show was going to be something different, she thought she would get some good exposure out of it, she bought a lot of fabric and made a bunch of dresses way beyond what she would normally do and now she's stuck with a bunch of inventory, she feels like she was fooled and used, but in a way admits it was her own fault and her own stupidity. But towards the end there, they had moved off the show and on to the designing process and business and such, it had a completely different tone. Even in that article, I don't think she came off as badly as Wendy has at any given point.

I never thought she was a bad as Wendy but I can see why the other contestants did not like what she said and how she said it.

+ Reply to Thread