+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where the heck was Nancy O'Dell???

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    NO! I most certainly would not like that dress better. I didn't even like it on PRunway.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I did!

See, I like the colors way better on her than the orange thing. If he had pulled the draping portion of the skirt back farther, so that the short skirt underneath had showed a lot more, I could see it possibly making the transition to the Grammys. And pair it with some Jay-style goth-fetish boots and I could see it more...But I do have to say that I completely agree that it would make a beautiful Oscars dress, but you would have to casual-it-down a lot for it to work at the Grammys. Too bad cuz I love Austin and intensely dislike Wendy!

Hardaway, how'd you do that?

I like it actually. The colors do better justice to her orangeish skin than Wendy's fabric, and she wouldn't have looked so washed out and dull if she had worn this instead. But I liked Austin's better on the show too.

Wendy's top might have looked better paired with Kara Saun's ill-fated leather pants. Contrary to what she claimed at the time, it sure looks like the skirt Nance O'Dell chose to wear is studded with rhinestones or sequins.
    I noticed that too! NOD is so wishy-washy for doing that; it's just getting on my nerves more and more that she had a hand in picking the final 3.

Oooh.. do it again. (But with Jay's)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    Hate to disillusion you hepcat, but she's holding that white coat behind her legs to provide as much contrast as possible to draw attention to her nice tan legs.

I hadn't thought of that, Closet. Now her awkward pose makes sense (and nonsense too. Her bulky thighs aren't worth the attention. )

Great photoshop, Hardaway!

I love a swishy dress with a hint of naked leg all the way up. The stomach area is kind of busy, but wasn't she complaining that wanted more coverage of her midsection? I like it better than Wendy's.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    She looks good. I'm glad the feathers are gone, but it does look rather ordinary now. And I still say the top looks saggy. It hides the sound pack but it also makes it seem like Nancy's trying to hide some flesh too. And Starlette I agree the bright orange does make her complexion look a bit dull. . .but she says she like orange. Hmm. Makes me wonder if Jay had made his dress in brighter colors - red/orange/yellow/etc. would Nancy have gone for it instead?

Yes, as soon as I saw the dress on the mannequin, i thought "why'd she make a maternity dress?" and immediately set off to see if NO'D was with child. I knew there was news about her recently (she's getting married) but couldn't remember what it was.

I agree totally with not wearing orange with her complexion. Very Garanimal without even needing the dyed shoes.

I also agree that she could have altered any of the dresses there if they had won. The producers picked Wendy as the winner, and had to therefore make Wendy's design wearable for Nancy.
    Could does not mean should

I'd like to!

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Oooh.. do it again. (But with Jay's)
    I can't find a full-length shot of Jay's that's big enough. I found the one on the Project Runway site where they're all standing in a row, but it's so small that when I blow it up it loses all the detail and looks terrible--and the rest of the shots cut it off midway up the skirt (or higher).

Oh well... thanks anyways. Fabulous job on the Austin splice though.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

OK Corprip

This is the best I could do on Jay, it's not very good. But at least you get an idea of how the colors would look.

MotherSister, I did it with Adobe Photoshop. I cut the dress out from pic number 1 and resized it and pasted it onto pic #2, then used the clone stamp tool to fill in gaps and get rid of the extra arm! Then the blur tool to soften the edges and make it a little less obvious.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast