+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So where the heck was Nancy O'Dell???

I didn't like the feathers, but I don't like this much either. It looks like something you could find on a rack anywhere.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

It's NOTHING like Wendy designed. The only thing similar is....the orange. Even that looks a tad changed.
    Blah. So blah. Nancy O'Dell's dress isn't even ugly enough to say anything more that... blah. It's so... Oompa-loompaish, so formfitting in all the wrong places and wrinkly everywhere else, and it looks like something you could buy off-the-rack at a Marshalls or T.J. Maxx somwhere.

Even if you didn't like with Kara Saun, Austin or Jay's dress for the occasion, at least their clothes are noticeably unique looking. The orange maternity smock that Wendy cooks up is so generic club-wear that it's putting me to sleeeepzzzzzzzz...

Looks like she had a lace skirt dyed to match (not to mention her shoes).

Also, the straps on the top were moved off to the side, and the hem on the top has been changed.

But now I have a better idea of what Nancy O'Dell wants to hide. Nancy, wouldn't it be easier to just TONE YOURSELF UP a little so you don't have to wear the Wendy Pepper maternity collection?

FORT Newbie
    To me, they look like 2 totally different outfits. Wendy's original necklace, feathers, shoes, straps are all gone. Even the bustline and fabric look different. What a crock.

She might as well have chosen Austin's... She could've just cut the length off it and it still would've been less of an alteration than what she did to Wendy's.

She's even holding her coat behind her as if she wishes she had a train.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    She's even holding her coat behind her as if she wishes she had a train.
    Hate to disillusion you hepcat, but she's holding that white coat behind her legs to provide as much contrast as possible to draw attention to her nice tan legs. As opposed to the awful orange bore-ocrisy she's wearing. Yawn.

Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: "There is meanness in all the arts which ladies sometimes condescend to employ for captivation. Whatever bears affinity to cunning is despicable."

Rebelliant RTV Fan Fakeidentity's Avatar
    Wendy's top might have looked better paired with Kara Saun's ill-fated leather pants. Contrary to what she claimed at the time, it sure looks like the skirt Nance O'Dell chose to wear is studded with rhinestones or sequins.

The Bravo home page for each designer features a compilation of their work to date and it's clear that Wendy keeps going back to her prom/wedding party dress designs. Two of the original dresses she submitted before the show began are the same basic design as the top as seen here. Several of her other projects follow suit. Seen side-by-side it is obvious that Wendy is a one-hit wonder.

Of course the sample we saw last week was not meant to be the exact one worn by Nancy O'Dell since it would have been fitted only after she selected the winner, however, you are spot-on in concluding that the final product bore as much resemblence to Wendy's original as a $500 Armani plain cottom t-shirt bears to a $5.00 Fruit of the Loom.

No wonder Austin appeared despondent at Fashion Week in New York - it wasn't losing so much as WHO he lost to that hurt!
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"
    Tom Robbins

Oh my word, Dare I say it? I actually PREFER Wendy's feathers over what it "tweaked" into.
    Orange.

I much preferred Kara Sauns classy "burnt" orange ensamble, and looking at the pic of NO'D I can TOTALLY see her looking awesome in it.
    Or Jays
    Or even Austin's
    Or Wendy's with the feathers.
    TJMaxx?
    You give that dress too much credit.
    TRUTH, BOREDOM, HUMOR
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
    -Jerome K. Jerome

Quote Originally Posted by Fakeidentity
    The Bravo home page for each designer features a compilation of their work to date and it's clear that Wendy keeps going back to her prom/wedding party dress designs

You can make some allowances for bad photography, but holy cow! Those are horrible.

Thanks, Hepcat!!!

Would we like this better?
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast